• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I must officially be an apple nut...

TheSnowman

The FedEx guy just dropped off my new 27" iMac and my iPad. I bought a MacBook Pro about 5 years ago that's still as fast as the day I took it out of the box, and I love my iPhone. My accountant said I needed to "spend some money" and I figured I might as well update some computer equipment. Pretty excited.

I'll be doing more video editing with it than sign work (another company I own) but I think it'll be used well in both applications. I've heard great things about the iMac's...now time to test it out.

Anyone else use the iMac? I'm assuming they're a power house...but when I order a computer, I just get the biggest fastest one I can get, so then it's not outdated when it arrives.

signswi

It's still outdated when it arrives. Especially if it's a mac as they're usually a full hardware cycle behind enthusiast PC parts. ;)

That said enjoy, they're great machines. Not my cup of tea but great machines non-the-less.

David Wright

What accountant tells you to spend money? Mine have said if there is a pending purchase that has been put off now may be good.
The tax hit is smaller than the purchase obviously.
( I know, it doesn't take much arm twisting to buy toys)

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It's still outdated when it arrives. Especially if it's a mac as they're usually a full hardware cycle behind enthusiast PC parts. ;)

That said enjoy, they're great machines. Not my cup of tea but great machines non-the-less.

I would disagree somewhat. Some of the chips intel puts out have been made available to Apple before other mfr's, or so I recall, on some occasions. Though they do tend to stick with particular hardware pieces a bit long

I wish they would update their Macpro desktop a bit more often than just speed bumps. I new smaller form factor and lower price would be nice

CES020

What accountant tells you to spend money?

I picked up 4 vehicles to letter yesterday for that same reason. The guy said his accountant told him to get rid of some money, so he bought 4 new company trucks and needs them lettered by the end of the year.

I just want to get to the point where I make enough to have someone tell me that :smile:

SebastienL

I' ve had an imac at work for 3 years now. Run Xp on it also with Bootcamp.

Apple side... had to restart maybe twice in those 3 years 'cause it was stuck. Still takes about 30 sec to start-up. Nothing more to say really. It is what a computer is meant to be... for working with Illy, Ps or whatever. Not for screwing around with this and that setting, updating this or that antivirus, or java or whatever.

Xp side... I want to slam my fist through the screen every time I startup Windows. Takes about half an hour to boot-up, even though I run only one application on this side and never ever go on the internet nor have i ever played in the settings. Ok, I wont start on Windows since there is no more NHB here... But Windows, in all its incarnation sucks.

Oh yeah, out of the box, Mac OS will read .docs, .tiffs, .eps, .xls, hell, even .ppt. Windows OS will only open the gates of hell...

Mac::thumb::notworthy::toasting:

Windows::banghead::frustrated::help

David Wright

Apple side... had to restart maybe twice in those 3 years 'cause it was stuck. Still takes about 30 sec to start-up. Nothing more to say really. It is what a computer is meant to be... for working with Illy, Ps or whatever. Not for screwing around with this and that setting, updating this or that antivirus, or java or whatever.

Xp side... I want to slam my fist through the screen every time I startup Windows. Takes about half an hour to boot-up, even though I run only one application on this side and never ever go on the internet nor have i ever played in the settings. Ok, I wont start on Windows since there is no more NHB here... But Windows, in all its incarnation sucks.

Oh yeah, out of the box, Mac OS will read .docs, .tiffs, .eps, .xls, hell, even .ppt. Windows OS will only open the gates of hell...

Mac::thumb::notworthy::toasting:

Windows::banghead::frustrated::help

and now the Signs101 Apple/pc saga continues with another edition.

Sticky Signs

I too am a Mac nut.
Between my wife and I we have:
2 iphone 3g
2 iphone 4s
maybe 3 or 4 iPods,
1 mac book pro,
1 mac book,
1 mac mini,
1 time capsule,
1 airport extreme,
and she doesn't know it yet, but she'd getting and iPad 2 for Xmas.

Applecore baby!!!

TheSnowman

Well, just found my first downfall. My Final Cut Pro won't install on this computer. I suppose it's got something to do with "Lion"...but I'm not sure. I'm hoping that there is some kind of a work around, but I doubt it. Probably gonna have to drop some coin for new software now...I'll put this on eBay and order an Adobe product if I have to do that again.

Techman

If you ran XP in a normal setup in a normal XP machine instead of running it under a software hack (yet blame the trouble with the OS) it would run just fine for you like it does for every one else.

Techman

that's right.

Misconfigure a system and then blame every thing but the real problem.
Same old unfounded bashing bullscat.

Mainframe

I have run windows XP on my Mac for 3 years, it runs great, Versaworks locks up once in a while but I bet it has nothing to do with windows, just get parallels and windows runs like it is just another program