• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a GOOD laminator-60"?

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
I have talked the boss into getting a laminator-I think- but we haven't talked money yet so I'm not sure what he is willing to spend, but at least I have got the ball rolling. We have a Mamaki and print on 54" vinyl, don't do wraps yet but might in the furure. Can anyone suggest a laminator that won't break the bank yet get the job done with out a lot a problems?

Matt Cuellar

Royal Sovereign RS-1400 55" cold model or the RS-1650C 65" Cold model. Great laminators, good pricing available. Good luck!

k.a.s.

Spend the money - save yourself a lot of grief - buy a Seal. And not the cheap one.

Kevin

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
Thanks, I'll do some research, I have heard of both machines so I'll try and see what the boss will stand.

flyinhawaiian968

Laminators are the scourge of the earth! And don't EVER buy a F#$%ing DingTec! 5 grand for the POS one that we got and it was returned in just over a month! Ruined so much vinyl that I still have nightmares about it!!!

Unfortunately, we ended up with (yet) another Dingbat (my name for it), but the lesser model with no takeups, and half the price, this thing lams 40 feet without skewing more than an inch. Still a POS if you ask me, but at least I can get it to laminate without wrinkles, skewing and various other issues.

When you do buy one, make the salesman run 20 feet of crap material through it in front of you, see how much is skews or if it wrinkles! Tell him if it does any of that, you won't buy it! If you're doing wraps or long runs, you'll be crying when a crappy machine doesn't perform! 20 feet is bare minimum for us, and I still get sweaty when I have that length to run, just from fear of ruining all that vinyl and having to start over again!!!

Just my .02...
Chris

gators2001

I have the one Matt is talking about royal 1400c I love it I paid 4775.00 from sign supply usa So far have had good luck with it.

AllinSignco

Try Daige Quickmount 4

I am in the same situation that you are and we have found this to be a damn good deal for what your get ! The one I talking about is the Quickmount 4 it is a 65" wide and does up to 1" thick media and it is a cold lam and runs only $2400.00. good Luck. Let me know what you end up doing, I still havent sold the boss 100%. Trying hard though. Here is the website

www.daige.com

eforer

Don't skimp on a laminator if you plan on using it a lot. We have a GBC Orca and it was worth every penny.

WRAPS

sweating on those long prints!!!

i hear you i just lam 2 33 foot pieces in our royal sov 1650c.it works good now that i have gotten used to it.ruined alot of stuff at first so be ready for that.

Last edited:

vinny88lr

I use a GBC Arctic Titan 64" and love it. Its very user friendly. Very easy to thread it and i haven't had a print ruined yet.

chopper

Don't skimp on a laminator if you plan on using it a lot. We have a GBC Orca and it was worth every penny.

the ones mentioned above are great or a seal
fellers sells the seal 15 k I think it goes for I have one similar to the one fellers sells and it works flawlessly (mines older) //chopper
P.S. stay away from the Chinese crap, you will save your hair and your sanity..

GB2

Old Member
While your on the subject of laminators, I was wondering if anyone could also give an opinion of heat assist laminators versus cold laminators.

chopper

While your on the subject of laminators, I was wondering if anyone could also give an opinion of heat assist laminators versus cold laminators.
depends on what type of laminate you are using and what you are using it on, if you are laming poster paper you will probably need heat and it would be ok since the paper wont stretch when the heat is applied,
you can also use heat on cold laminates but you have to be careful if it is used when laminating vinyl, the heat will cause the vinyl to stretch and then you will have problems, the reason some use heat to apply cold laminate to vinyl is to stop silvering I personally do not use the heat//chopper