• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help contour cutting in illustrator

stillhasdust

I am new to this.
I need help learning how to contour cut in illustrator.

I want to be able to set it up in illustrator and send it to versaworks to print/cut. Thanks in advance for your help

Mason

You need to load the CutContour swatch into your swatches library in illustrator, you can then access it from your swatches palette, apply that color to the stroke of your artwork, save as an eps and open it in versaworks, you should see the cutline around your graphic and youre good to go

stillhasdust

Thanks for your help mason but please remember I am a newb so my next question would be where do I get the cut contour swatch??

Vegas_Style

You can make your own spot color.

Apply any color to the stroke that is not currently in your palette, when you double click on that color you can save it as CutContour and as a spot color... Just make sure when you apply it that it is a stroke and not a fill.

petepaz

you make it
make your cut line /stroke
them open the swatches window and select new swatch
double click and change the name to "CutContour" and change from rpocess to spot color
and you are good to go
(who did you get your printer from? they should have shown you this or is this a test,
am i on camera?)

Mason

Its in the VersaWorks program files, go to C:/ Program Files/RolandVersaWorks/Swatch/Illustrator.

Copy it, go to C:/Program Files/Adobe/Illustrator/Presets/Swatches. Paste it in there.

No need to make it, though thats entirely okay as well