Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with this Edge part PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by eye for signs, May 8, 2013.

1. eye for signs

eye for signs New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    My Edge was, let's say altered, and I need to identify and find out where to purchase this part. Any help would be awesome! It's the black item on the right that is missing on mine. Please and Thank you!:smile:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    I see a blue heat shrink insulated component held on by wire ties ,...could it possibly been moved during the "alteration" you mention,..it appears to be either a component installed inline attached to wires on each side and or a connector that has been insulated with blue heat shrinck and possibly moved elsewhere

3. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

I assume this is a Edge II - on older units we had some problems with the foil motors and we added this kludge (fix), at some point we changed the motors and this was no longer needed. That's all I know. If you want more detail you should call service with a model number, etc

4. eye for signs

eye for signs New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Thanks...

The machine was spitefully reconfigured so I'm trying to figure out what was removed and such. Someone mentioned to me it was a capacitor possibly...
    Thoughts anyone?

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    How do you know that's the part that's bad?
    I would take it out and head to an electronics supply house and see if they can match it.

6. eye for signs

eye for signs New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    And...

It's an Edge I .

Also the photo is from a colleague's Edge, not mine. Mine is missing!

7. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    does the thing work?

8. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

It is a capacitor and had to do with the foil motor. If your not having problems why worry?

9. tamiya

tamiya Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Looks like 2 ferrite bead/tunnels thru which the slew motor wires are threaded thru,
    not electrolytic capacitors...?