• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help with this Edge part PLEASE!

eye for signs

My Edge was, let's say altered, and I need to identify and find out where to purchase this part. Any help would be awesome! It's the black item on the right that is missing on mine. Please and Thank you!:smile:

Attachments

• V__E911.jpg
    V__E911.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 103

round man

I see a blue heat shrink insulated component held on by wire ties ,...could it possibly been moved during the "alteration" you mention,..it appears to be either a component installed inline attached to wires on each side and or a connector that has been insulated with blue heat shrinck and possibly moved elsewhere

Tony Teveris

I assume this is a Edge II - on older units we had some problems with the foil motors and we added this kludge (fix), at some point we changed the motors and this was no longer needed. That's all I know. If you want more detail you should call service with a model number, etc

eye for signs

Thanks...

The machine was spitefully reconfigured so I'm trying to figure out what was removed and such. Someone mentioned to me it was a capacitor possibly...
Thoughts anyone?

Billct2

How do you know that's the part that's bad?
I would take it out and head to an electronics supply house and see if they can match it.

tamiya

Looks like 2 ferrite bead/tunnels thru which the slew motor wires are threaded thru,
not electrolytic capacitors...?