• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Need Religious Vector...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnergyDesign

I am trying to create a logo for a religious group as a favor for my boss. However, the company nor I will be getting paid since this is a new organization with a tiny budget. They will be buying some stuff later on from what I understand. My problem lies here...I do not want to spend alot of time on this, and neither does my boss. So I need freebie religious stuff....They want like 6 elements to the logo, so it is already tough enough to concept. Someone please help me out....Thanks!

WVB

Freebie stuff aye..? Then do a google image search and start vectorizing... That will be your best best. A lot of Religious vector art I have, I had to create myself... Good Luck...

EnergyDesign

CORRECTION TO FIRST POST....

Please point me in the right direction concerning some free vector files pertaining to religon...thanks

imaSIGNr

If your customer wants FREE, they should at least provide you with the six items they want so you can research it.
#1. a cross
#2. a dove
#3. a bible
#4. a church
#5. praying hands
#6. gates of heaven
Here are six items and I don't know what religion it is. They may not want any of these.

Geary

A bit more info please

It would help if you named what "religion" this is. What is the denomination/sect/group/cult/etc... There are some religious logos/icons that are not attached to the normal reproduction rules as far as public display.

A great website that I have a subscription to is "clipart.com" If you join, you can get a hold of millions of images. It's more than worth it as far as your business is concerned. :thumb:

~Gear

imaSIGNr

I don't really have a good reply, I just thought this was a good place for my ( check out my post # ) It would be safe here noting the subject matter.....

iSign

well... it's not showing 666 anymore, but I appreciate the humor :Cool 2:

hmm... freebie religious clipart?
freebie religious ?

#1... OK, I'm seeing a grubby soup kitchen serving up free soup along with a few "praise the lord's"

#2... I'm seeing the Hare Krishna's feeding me back in my homeless in NYC days in Tompkins Square Park

#3... "freebie religious" huh... OK, now I'm seeing some scam artist selling Bibles while he cases the joint for the Freebies he will steal from you later.

#4, 5, and 6... I see your Boss's religious group taking the creation you had to beg, borrow or steal and walks it in to one of your competitors because it's not just exactly perfectly completely what they want... & that guy freebiely steals 3 of your ideas.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I am trying to create a logo for a religious group as a favor for my boss. However, the company nor I will be getting paid since this is a new organization with a tiny budget. They will be buying some stuff later on from what I understand. My problem lies here...I do not want to spend alot of time on this, and neither does my boss. So I need freebie religious stuff....They want like 6 elements to the logo, so it is already tough enough to concept. Someone please help me out....Thanks!

Tell them to pray to whatever gods they worship. A first rate god damn well ought to be able provide its own clip art.

Ken

Well, ya, we all get pressured this way don't we?
I have been giving a discount to these kind of clients..and I DO consider them clients because there is the networking aspect to it. Make it clear that
is what you are doing..not giving away your work all the time.
Vector art has some religious stuff. Fred might be able to help you..it's like 1-2$ per download. Can they afford that?
Ken

OldPaint

bob iam with you....PRAY FOR FREE CLIP ART....see if it works, then you will know if your supposed to do this sign)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

iSign

I've always heard of religious people "asking for a SIGN"

...now I know who they're asking!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The_sign-animated.gif

EnergyDesign

First of all, this group is called J.O.Y BEHIND BARS. They misiter to inmates at a local jail. Yes my boss has offered to help for the networking aspect. I am doing this gig on my own time absolutely free and my boss will do the production on his own time. Right now, it is just for a CORO yard sign, and he thinks after their "big" donation drive, they will be looking to purchase a couple of items, like window lettering, a large sign, and some promo stuff. They really have a non exsistent budget, and it is a FAVOR. I have done google searches, I have plenty of art, but I do not want to take the time away from my paying freelance clients to vectorize, etc etc. I HOPED I could get a little help from people who have seen this type of client before. The bottom line in my mind is that if you do not give back to your community every now and again, your community should tell you to take your business elsewhere. I think it is a very conceited idea to look at every customer for only monetary value. It is really funny to me that Michael Vick (QB, Falcons) once mentioned to an executive in the falcons organization that he had heard of a printer in Atlanta do some free stuff for a local homeless shelter, and it impressed this executive so much, he turned around and placed a 40,000.00 order with said printer to design and print some signage for the falcons luxury suites. Good deeds to get noticed eventually.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here is a link that will save you a ton of time at a small price. It is to a selection of vinyl ready images using the keyword "religion". The site is clipart.com and all or most of the images are from the Faith and Religion collection developed by OCA Enterprises.

The lowest cost of admission is $15.95 for one week of unlimited downloading.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The bottom line in my mind is that if you do not give back to your community every now and again, your community should tell you to take your business elsewhere. I think it is a very conceited idea to look at every customer for only monetary value. It is really funny to me that Michael Vick (QB, Falcons) once mentioned to an executive in the falcons organization that he had heard of a printer in Atlanta do some free stuff for a local homeless shelter, and it impressed this executive so much, he turned around and placed a 40,000.00 order with said printer to design and print some signage for the falcons luxury suites. Good deeds to get noticed eventually.

Have a go at rationalizing the hypocrisy inherent in the above...

Be that as it may, just what are you seeking? An image of a Mexican bleeding jesus? A sketch of a California sports jesus? A rendering of the thighbone of some obscure saint? A Monty Pythonesque face that looks like it fell off a chess set hanging there in the clouds? What?

Postscriptum: My community and the entire known universe exist only to serve my needs. I recognize no good greater than my own. This is known as enlightened self interest and is the way pretty much everyone functions. Only a few are honest about it. The rest rationalize it into some sort of altruistic nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.