• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some advertising sugestions

401Graphics

I need some advertising suggestions.
Business is slow again, and i hate watching numbers go down in my bank account.
What have you had good results with, (besides word of mouth)?

:thankyou: :signs101: :U Rock:

J

john1

I need some advertising suggestions.
Business is slow again, and i hate watching numbers go down in my bank account.
What have you had good results with, (besides word of mouth)?

:thankyou: :signs101: :U Rock:

I hear you man, I'm right there with ya with last month being deadly. This month isn't looking like anything crazy either.

I myself am trying to get things rolling again, Been keepin in contact with the repeat customers as much as i can, Have a few small things coming up.

This year i really realized that, I am a one man operation, I work from home and i am ok with that. I don't make a ton of money but i am buying what i need for my family and business and do have times when i can spend some on myself. Really, What more can you want?

I used to think that getting to a point where all this income coming in would be awesome and i would just be on top of the world or at least feel like it, But those guys who are doing that can have that. I'm happy with staying small because i know how great times feel and i also know how the worst of times feel and i am still here standing.

Flame

Find some good niche markets. Things tanked for us too, so just concentrating on our niche markets, new advertising campaigns online, sprucing up the website/fb pages, and putting on promo events. It's been helping turn that heavy hand around...

:)

Jillbeans

Plan a vacation even if you can't afford one.
That always brings in jobs, particularly the rush kind.
Same as when you pour milk on a bowl of cereal, it always makes the phone ring.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Join.........
  • PRE
  • BNI
  • Chamber of Commerce
  • Advertise in the Sunday paper
  • Advertise in the Merchandisers
  • Letter your vehicle and park it at different locations throughout the week.
  • Always be talking about business
  • Look around town for places that have bad looking signs
  • Look around town for places that have worn out signs
    Call old customers and remind them of your services

Border

Best bang for the buck with fastest returns for me over the years has been simply door-to-door at the types of businesses you most want to work with and just walking in & handing the person at the front desk a business card along with a nice, professionally printed trifold double-sided brochure which shows examples of your best work and also shows them quickly what types of services you offer.

Ask the receptionist if the person in charge of sales/marketing is available and if not, at least ask for their name and that they hand your info to that person so that you can follow up with a phone call in a day or two, just to see if they had a chance to look at your info.

I am setting up a new round of cards and brochures right now as a matter of fact, along with some new displays that will replace some older ones in a few places I already have them.
This is the perfect time of year to do this, at least for me it is.

signage

Best bang for the buck with fastest returns for me over the years has been simply door-to-door at the types of businesses you most want to work with and just walking in & handing the person at the front desk a business card along with a nice, professionally printed trifold double-sided brochure which shows examples of your best work and also shows them quickly what types of services you offer.

Ask the receptionist if the person in charge of sales/marketing is available and if not, at least ask for their name and that they hand your info to that person so that you can follow up with a phone call in a day or two, just to see if they had a chance to look at your info.

I am setting up a new round of cards and brochures right now as a matter of fact, along with some new displays that will replace some older ones in a few places I already have them.
This is the perfect time of year to do this, at least for me it is.
:goodpost:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We have helped several clients do self promo yard signs. They put out signs with their company info on them. Those same client's keep coming back. It's also how we got started in the business.

Also, what a few clients have done is send a mailer. Postcards work, but sending a small 8x9" Coro sign seems to work really well. Call me and we can chat about it if you think that would work for your client base. A miniature sign gets alot of attention.

We do the self promo signs for cost basically. 200 8x9" mailers, 1 color front, 1 color back (different designs on each side) $75. Price will go down if you want more of them. Just let me know if there is anything we can do.

-Gene

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
You can never have enough SEO. It pays dividends to continually try to improve your ranks on Google.

Warm regards,
Signworld Team

John L

All you gotta do is look for those signs they stick in the window that say "Sign Guy Needed".

They look like this...

Attachments

• BUILDING_PERMIT_resize[1].jpg
    BUILDING_PERMIT_resize[1].jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 180

CP Signs

Go to every show possible and bring samples of your work. Couple months ago, we went to a horse show with nothing but samples of canvas prints. These people love their horses. We made some very good money there. We also got some nice jobs in town by being nice. I drive around and when I see a business starting to move in or get the place ready, I bring a simple coroplast sign that says Opening Soon. Tell them there is no charge and to call me once they are open and I will come back and pick up the sign. So far, everytime I get the job for their main sign and more. Being nice goes a long way.

visual800

check the city planning website see who is building. ride around and see who is moving into other places that used to be vacant. there is ALWAYS something going on out there that requires signage. you just need to stay on top of it. See a construction site? they will have the builkding permit and that will have the owners name on it

Kevin-shopVOX

I drive around and when I see a business starting to move in or get the place ready, I bring a simple coroplast sign that says Opening Soon. Tell them there is no charge and to call me once they are open and I will come back and pick up the sign. So far, everytime I get the job for their main sign and more. Being nice goes a long way.

Great idea. So simple yet has to be one of the most effective. Thanks for the tip.

CP Signs

No problem. I also think no matter how good someone is,,, always work on your people skills. I was told many times I could sell a fridge to an Eskimo. lol.