• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need some inspiration

Signs Express

Here's a photo of the front of our shop. I have been putting a new temporary graphic up every few months to generate some interest in different products. We've advertised full color banners and before that had something about the value of vehicle graphics. I am dry for ideas. Any suggestions? Anything selling well for you lately? Any phrases you can think of to catch some attention?

Thanks for any imput you have!

Attachments

• SHOP FRONT.jpg
    SHOP FRONT.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 162

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Dang you got a sweet store front, you can use some unique material like reflective window perf on those things. You could also do like a fathead type print to show your potential clients you can do those as well. I would have pictures up of many of the applications you can do so clients know what you can do, like a picture of a car wrap, floor graphic, tradeshow graphic etc.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here's a photo of the front of our shop. I have been putting a new temporary graphic up every few months to generate some interest in different products. We've advertised full color banners and before that had something about the value of vehicle graphics. I am dry for ideas. Any suggestions? Anything selling well for you lately? Any phrases you can think of to catch some attention?

Thanks for any imput you have!

My advice would be to move. This location has absolutely no character and there's precious little you're going to do to give it any. Let a plumbing supply house or a chiropractor or something else that's really exciting move in here.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You gotta understand your looking for walk in business and many times people are not educated in what a "WRAP" is so if you can show visuals of your applications people might walk by and have a better understanding of what you can do for them.

Marlene

in the past, did what you hang out there bring people in? if so, just rotate back thru what you did before as those who didn't come in the first time might this time. it seems like if what you hung out there before worked, you ought to do it again. if none of what you put out there made any difference, don't bother with new ideas as that just isn't doing it for you. try something else like parking a wrapped car or truck in a mall with your company contact info. I've seen a local business do that and people stopping to have a look.

Doyle

Bob, are you serious? Let's see your storefront!? I think that this one has plenty of potential, it looks nice and clean from the photo....

Jon Aston

I think you're asking the wrong questions.

Before we go there, I'm curious to know (alot) more about your location and why you chose it. Bob may be right, but not (IMO) for the reasons he gave.

I'm also curious to know what you're doing to grow business with, and through existing customers.

MaxxGrafix

frosted film. with some logos. the neat thing about that frosted stuff is it captures the depth of the glass, and makes it almost looked like etched glass. I've done a couple store fronts like this, and the people love it.

SignManiac

If you're relying on walk in's alone, then don't expect much. Work on your reputation and other means of advertising. You're expecting them to come to you, you might be wiser to go after them. Build it and they will come doesn't always work in this day and age.

ova

Since you're slow right now, try designing a flyer showing what your business is all about. Stuff some envelopes with a cover letter, the flyer, and your business cards. Sent these out to the businesses in your area. Make sure you include something about having time to meet with the people you're sending the letters to.

A couple of years ago at our "slow time" we designed the flyers making them tri-fold and two sided. Got a printing company to print and fold them for pennies. I think it was about a 4000 count. We put one in every invoice that's sent out whether it's a new customer or steady Freddy. We also got the phone book out and started sending these out as cold calls.

Only you can be the expert as to what people want in your particular area. You live there and if you're keeping your eyes and ears open, you'll know what it should take to grow your business. Most small businesses just don't know how to make them grow.

This has worked for us. We also do trophies, plaques and shirts along with signage, so if someone comes in looking for awards, they can see we do more. Hope this helps.

Dave @ Ohio Valley Awards

Signs Express

I think you're asking the wrong questions.

Before we go there, I'm curious to know (alot) more about your location and why you chose it. Bob may be right, but not (IMO) for the reasons he gave.

I'm also curious to know what you're doing to grow business with, and through existing customers.

We've been in business for eight years and moved to this location about a year ago. Our original location was in a mall type setting with about 30 other retail spaces. We had no road/outside frontage and only had 1000 sq.ft. which was getting tight.

We chose our current location in this strip center because the rent was reasonable, the visiblility is outstanding (20,000 + cars a day), doubled our space to 2,000 sq.ft. allowing us to add a bay door in the back allowing us to pull vehicles in the warehouse area during cold weather.

The reason for my original question was that I have a ton of window space and lots of people to look at it, so I might as well use it.

Marlene

again I ask did you get extra business when you did the other ads on your glass for banners or extra value of vehicle graphics? if so, you are going in a good direction. what happens in the spring down your way? any up and coming events? garden shows? home shows? stuff like that? maybe put up a banner advertising that you can do banners for the coming trade shows. landscapers getting ready for the season? advertise truck lettering with a get ready for the season push.

Signs Express

again I ask did you get extra business when you did the other ads on your glass for banners or extra value of vehicle graphics? if so, you are going in a good direction. what happens in the spring down your way? any up and coming events? garden shows? home shows? stuff like that? maybe put up a banner advertising that you can do banners for the coming trade shows. landscapers getting ready for the season? advertise truck lettering with a get ready for the season push.

Marlene, I think that is a great idea to focus on upcoming local events and seasonal stuff. That will definately give me something to think about. The previous ads did generate a little interest in what was being advertised, but not nearly as much as the interest in the window perf it was printed on :)