• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I so want to post a PM here.

p3

Jesus, really? It's gotten to where we post pm's and keep things going? If Gino is so bad, why do you give him the time of day by doing things like this? I do agree with Gino that both are stubborn and seems like both have to have the last word. I can't believe I just read this whole thing. One person says a half dozen, one person says six. You should always take the free advice you get, whether or not you agree with it. Accept it, take it as it is apply it to your life if you see fit and think it makes sense.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:rock-n-roll:Not too many people's moms are on here, I'm guessing. :Big Laugh And I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't come to me with an issue and instead go to my mom, except when I was in grade school maybe.

Oh I agree and, since this thread is posted in the Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs forum, I felt like the cartoon was both funny and appropriate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh I agree and, since this thread is posted in the Entertainment, Humor and Spoofs forum, I felt like the cartoon was both funny and appropriate.

Haha..... I didn't realize this was in the humor section. Now I get it. It's just a joke and it's on........ :ROFLMAO:

Good night ladies and gentleman. The curtain has gone down for the last act. Until next time.............. know whose lurking behind closed doors before the 'SHADOW' gets you........ :Oops: I'm gonna go home now and have a good time. See y'all bright & early Monday for more 'As the Stomach Churns' with Joey Diaz and Gino Wise. Guest starring.... Jane Diaz as Joe's Mom.

:rolleyes: Good grief, you're right Fred, what a thread............

Joe Diaz

Haha..... I didn't realize this was in the humor section. Now I get it. It's just a joke and it's on........ :ROFLMAO:

Good night ladies and gentleman. The curtain has gone down for the last act. Until next time.............. know whose lurking behind closed doors before the 'SHADOW' gets you........ :Oops: I'm gonna go home now and have a good time. See y'all bright & early Monday for more 'As the Stomach Churns' with Joey Diaz and Gino Wise. Guest starring.... Jane Diaz as Joe's Mom.

And here I thought you were already at home hitting the sauce hard since this morning.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

:guido: Goodnight from sunny South Florida. :dog42

skyhigh

On another note.
On a side note..... I think you and Gino are one in the same person.
You should always take the free advice you get, whether or not you agree with it. Accept it, take it as it is apply it to your life if you see fit and think it makes sense.
Speaking of free advice.....it doesn't get any better than this!!!! Good Philosophy

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• winning.gif
    winning.gif
    117 KB · Views: 115

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Well, there's 15 minutes I'm not getting back!

(hiding my mom's email address)

GypsyGraphics

One word makes all the difference!

gino, in your message you wrote...
"I'm telling you this because just the other day, a friend of my son told me something in confidence about Kevin"

your son's friend coming to you is NOT the same as you going to joe's mom!

do you see the word that is missing? the one that makes you writing joe's mom, NOT OK?

-
-
-
-
it's "FRIEND"

EDIT: forgot to mention... from a mom with a son about joe's age... not only would i question the sincerity of someone, who is not his friend, writing me about him... but i also would find you calling a MAN who is paramount to the success of the family business, a "talented kid," somewhat of a backhanded compliment.

Joe Diaz

forgot to mention... from a mom with a son about joe's age... not only would i question the sincerity of someone, who is not his friend, writing me about him... but i also would find you calling a MAN who is paramount to the success of the family business, a "talented kid," somewhat of a backhanded compliment.

You know, that is what was so mind blowing about this PM he sent, its as though he thought he could shed some light on her son, a guy he barely knows, to a woman who raised me and knows me better than most. And she was supposed to do what? I don't get that part. What did he expect her to do with his "advice"? So either he is stupid, or isn't sincere like he claims to be and just wants to start more crap.

And yeah, I'm glad you caught that backhanded complement. Gino does this all the time. "kid", "joey", anything to point out that I'm young(er). He says it because he thinks it get's under my skin. But it doesn't in the way he thinks. It actually says much more about him then it does me. He doesn't seem to realize that I'm not ashamed of being young. Time is on my side. I'm still have the energy and willingness to learn. I think I'm doing okay for my age, and I know the sky is the limit. When he talks down to me and others it goes beyond him showing a lack of respect, it's disrespect. What this actually shows is that Gino needs to attempt to put someone down to make a point, because his points generally aren't strong enough on their own. It's important for him to look down on others when he converses with them. He believes that he has earned that superiority simply for being on this earth longer than others... on this forum longer. I don't know about others in this trade that are my age or younger, but Gino is not the type of guy I look up to at all. The folks I look up to in this industry and in life, don't need to posture themselves, or beat on their chest. They let the amazing work they do speak for them and they are willing to teach.. and also still willing to learn even from those younger than them.

I mean look at the "Welcome from PA" crap he always posts. Someone new, and they may not even be new to this industry but new to the forum, asks a question and he could choose not to answer the question if doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to answer, but no. He takes the time to respond with something not helpful at all. He thinks it funny. But it's doesn't just show a lack of respect towards that person, it's disrespectful. They are here looking for help. It's like tipping a waiter or waitress 2 cents. "I realize I'm supposed to tip you, and I didn't forget, but you are only worth this 2 cents." Look, a lot of us are guilty of poking a little fun at a silly statement from a newbie (although, as time goes on I found that is not the type of guy I want to be). Gino on the other hand really goes after them, like nobody I've ever seen. It's like he makes it his mission to scare many of them off. He's the instigator. He hopes to gather up the mob with their pitch forks and torches. Either he's threatened by them, or my guess is, its all about lifting himself up by putting others down. It is his desperate crusade to be ruler of Sign101. 24,917 posts and counting. This is not the tactics of someone who want's to teach and others to learn. This is someone who wants attention. Plain and simple.

Also, While I'm at it, he's mistakenly assumed that working with my parents is something that I'm ashamed of or should be ashamed of, and so now he is attempted to use that to get under my skin, but the reality is, I couldn't be more proud of the relationship I have with my folks. I'm extremely close with my family, they are some of the best friends a guy could look for. We all work hard for a common goal, we treat each other as equals here, and we are all willing to learn from each other. I've worked for different companies before, and I wouldn't change what we have here for anything in the world. Gino calls it "hiding behind apron strings" in his message to my mother. That just shows how little he understands about what we are all about here at Diaz Sign Art. That's what made his message to her all the more laughable. It was one of the many things he said that couldn't be farther from the truth and made it nearly impossible for her to take it seriously. Some sad, desperate guy on the internet honestly thinks he has us so figured out, that he would even attempt to type a letter like that. What further evidence do you need that this guy is out of his everloving mind?

But I'll tell you what. P3, this one is for you. I hear you loud and clear, and you hit the nail on the head with you post. I have learned quite a bit from Gino since being on this forum. But what I have learned is how not to be. I see how he interacts with others and I think back to my early days on this forum and in the business, and I realize, I don't want to be like him. I feel like I've changed thanks to his example, but now I'm just done with his garbage. Going to my mom was the last straw.

klemgraphics

How old does one have to be in order to be considered a grown up? I occasionally have customers that come in and call me "young man" or talk to me like I'm just a kid and while I try not to let it bother me it annoys the heck out of me. I've never had someone go to my parents with a business problem, I've been on my own for a good while now, i'm 29 and can take care of my own problems as they arise. I like others have said take all the advise I can get and use what applies to me.

No offense Gino but you run your business differently than I could get away with in rural southern Indiana which I would expect is a lot like where Joe is from. If I was that much of a harda$$ all the time I'd be done a long time ago, but it works well for you so I'm not going to tell anyone to give you a talking to.

Everyone does things a little different....if I ask your opinion I will listen....if you attack mine and tell me I'm just a silly kid that knows nothing....well you see what happens.