• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I so want to post a PM here.

Joe Diaz

What's the rules on posting PM's because I've got one here that is hilarious. It's Friday after all.

Joe Diaz

I don't know Gino, should I post the PM you sent to my MOM about me? My mom of all people.... Who does that?

John Butto

I think you have chummed the waters enough where the bottom feeders, sharks and barracudas are starting to move in.

Joe Diaz

It's up to you Gino. You got the balls enough to go to a grown man's mom with your drama, you have the balls enough to tell me to post it for all to see?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Joe, as I was saying to your Mom.... you're a big boy and can fend for yourself. So, do what you like. Just try to be fair and make sure if you wanna run something like this past everyone, be sure to keep it in context and put the whole thing down..... and why I wrote to her.

Airing this kinda stuff does not bother me. I wrote it behind the scenes over a month ago to reach out to her and she took it wrong. Be my guest if it makes you feel better. I see nothing wrong with it. PM's are PM's and are called that for a reason. You wanna make Private Messages known, I have nothing to hide.

After all, it's Friday. :rock-n-roll:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Joe, I just saw your latest post. People usually get slapped around for that kinda kid talk. Fire away Joe. And balls have nothing to do with it.

Joe Diaz

Joe, as I was saying to your Mom.... you're a big boy and can fend for yourself. So, do what you like. Just try to be fair and make sure if you wanna run something like this past everyone, be sure to keep it in context and put the whole thing down..... and why I wrote to her.

Airing this kinda stuff does not bother me. I wrote it behind the scenes over a month ago to reach out to her and she took it wrong. Be my guest if it makes you feel better. I see nothing wrong with it. PM's are PM's and are called that for a reason. You wanna make Private Messages known, I have nothing to hide.
After all, it's Friday. :rock-n-roll:

Yeah let's see if she "took it wrong".

Okay, let's set this little ditty up. So I had the nerve to say I disagree with a way a few people suggested another person handle someone threatening to sue them. I said, based on the info provided, I would ignore her (which is ironic now I know) Gino didn't like that, I attempted to explain myself, than it turned into the the usual Gino lecturing me on how I should run things at our shop. I called him crazy, he sent a PM to my mom.

Here it is:

Gino:
Hi Jane..................

I want you to know, first of all, I have the utmost respect for Joe and his talents as a designer and in your [as in all of you in your family] business. Joe and I have gone to the mats many times and it always boils down to the same thing..... stubbornness. However, he tends to let it affect his whole outlook on me or wherein I'm connected, while I have not let my feelings for our differences affect a business relationship here on the boards or in business.

I really don't know how or where to start this, but I feel it's something maybe that's necessary from a different point of view.

More often tha I'd like to admit, I've gotten PM's and e-mails from other members about Joe's approach to things and it always sounds about the same. Again, I don't want to pry and I don't need any answers or hard feelings, but you came into it and I think you might wanna know. I've tried to explain certain things to Joe as to how it is in my life business-wise and personal-like..... on and off the site. In fact, down at Atlantic City one time, I told him I hoped there were no hard feelings. We shook hands and that was it. Otherwise, he basically, in a nice way, tells me to go pound sand, which is how he approached this thread. Honestly, I'm only trying to help a talented kid from making mistakes which could sometimes come back to bite him. Most people have said things about him as being immature and naive in his thinking. Not that his thinking or decisions are wrong, but show a lack of experience or judgement from a personal standpoint. He's been catered to..... still hides behind the apron strings..... he'll learn when he grows up, wait til he gets into the real world and other comments have come in from different people. Some, of who you'd never believe it came from. I was actually dumbfounded on a few. The many e-mails I get about other members is usually normal, but not for Joe.

I'm telling you this becasue just the other day, a friend of my son told me something in confidence about Kevin, which he held me to a 'between you and me' kinda thing. Actually, he started with one thing and then another until he ranted about maybe 3 or 4 things. Well, I thought about it and finally after a few hours, when I got home that night, I had to tell my wife. I wasn't betraying Kevin's friend, but helping Kevin by my wife and I having a heart to heart talk with him and trying to reason with him. Kevin is 50, so it's not like I'm talking about an impressionable young guy or someone needing more eduction, but the things we talked about hit home like a ton of bricks on Kevin's mind. He said he never realized this stuff, but heck, after 50 years of living life one way and your friends tell your parents something, you do tend to stop and get a reality check on things.

Please Jane, take this in the meaning it was meant and maybe not as... who or how it was said. I know I'm not a very good messenger sometimes, but my thoughts and actions are true. If you don't say anything to Joe, that's fine. If you think I'm full of shaving cream, so be it. I just wanted to tell you this as I got another PM from someone just this morning about this and when you got on there, I thought I'd share.

Joe Diaz

Joe, I just saw your latest post. People usually get slapped around for that kinda kid talk. Fire away Joe. And balls have nothing to do with it.

Ah yes the threats of physical violence. Keep digging. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm certainly impressed... you big scary man you.:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah let's see if she "took it wrong".

Okay, let's set this little ditty up. So I had the nerve to say I disagree with a way a few people suggested another person handle someone threatening to sue them. I said, based on the info provided, I would ignore her (which is ironic now I know) Gino didn't like that, I attempted to explain myself, than it turned into the the usual Gino lecturing me on how I should run things at our shop. I called him crazy,
he sent a PM to my mom.

Here it is:

Gino:

Joe, ya got it wrong again. You are taking credit for something that had nothing to do with you. I had no problems with you on the thread. I see it one way.... you see it another. The End. But your Mom chimed in and started doing your talking for you. That is what I PM'ed her about. I even put the encounter I had with someone about my son to help her to see it.

Listen for once. If you wanna beat this thing to death go ahead, but remember..... as stubborn and blinded as you think I am...... you are, also. You, nor your Mom have to admit it, you can keep burying your heads in the sand to avoid this, but it has nothing to do with your design[ing] skills , your business or how valuable your Mom thinks you are for the business. I understand and totally get loyalty for your family and especially for your Mom. Ya only got one, so make it good while ya can. It's the other baggage I was talking about. As for critiquing or discussing normal sign things, it's worthwhile talking with you, but this other crap just gets old.

Dennis422

hmm....well you kids have fun, i've got work to do. I'll check back next week when this thread is locked. :thumb:

lol
2kop6rjpg.gif

HulkSmash

First off,

Gino Joe is an adult, no need to PM his mother. Plain and simple.

I don't think Joe's immature. People do things differently. Things are not always done the same way. I'm 26 years old, I take advice from where I can. I have built a pretty successful business from this advice, and also trial and error. I will never stop learning. At the same time, I don't agree with all the advice I get. As I said things can be done differently with successful results. I don't think Joe care ( I wouldn't) What people are private messaging YOU about HIM. That's immature on their part.

Joe Diaz

Joe, ya got it wrong again. You are taking credit for something that had nothing to do with you. I had no problems with you on the thread. I see it one way.... you see it another. The End. But your Mom chimed in and started doing your talking for you. That is what I PM'ed her about. I even put the encounter I had with someone about my son to help her to see it.

Listen for once. If you wanna beat this thing to death go ahead, but remember..... as stubborn and blinded as you think I am...... you are, also. You, nor your Mom have to admit it, you can keep burying your heads in the sand to avoid this, but it has nothing to do with your design[ing] skills , your business or how valuable your Mom thinks you are for the business. I understand and totally get loyalty for your family and especially for your Mom. Ya only got one, so make it good while ya can. It's the other baggage I was talking about. As for critiquing or discussing normal sign things, it's worthwhile talking with you, but this other crap just gets old.

Again, You are insane. My mom didn't chime in to do my talking. As you were lecturing me about business, you called it my "Parent's Business" She simply corrected you. That is not an open invitation for you to unload your crap on her. She doesn't want anything to do with you. She has witnessed your tirades against many other's on this forum, and being the clever lady she is, has you pegged.

Of course it has nothing to do with my abilities. or my mom even, it has to do with you. I don't care what your opinion is of how I handle things. Because after all of this, I don't respect you. You keep coming off like you have all this wisdom I should be soaking in from you. I hate to break it to you, I can get that elsewhere from the many, many more talented and experienced tradesmen and women out there, and even those new to the game who also have valuable things to teach. Most of what you have to offer in my opinion is simply hot air.

John Butto

Had to go back to where it started...I am not taking sides for I am not a judge, or on a jury, just showing why I think Gino PM to Jane Diaz. There was an argument excuse me, discussion, between Joe and Gino over ignoring some crazy lady or talking to her and working out the problem. Joe had mentioned lawyers and being sued and this is where it started.
On another note, someone posted my PM's to them out in the public forum to try to make me look bad, so I know how it goes down. Two of the 7 deadly sins are wrath and pride.

C

ColoPrinthead

I'm going to need Addie to weigh in on this thread before I can fully determine how I should feel about it.