• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I thank you, my family thanks you

Arlo Kalon 2.0

My worried wife's nerves are finally settled as she will soon get to sit down at the computer and get many expenses caught up in full due to the generosity of Signs101. First off, I owe Colin a debt of gratitude for suggesting it. That was amazing to me since he is the only member here I've ever put on the IGNORE list due to our bumping heads over the issue of religion. With the wealth of links he posted on the subject, along with my best pal "bob", I have for several months been re-examining my beliefs. The greatest evidence I've witnessed lately is that not one single prayer offered on my behalf came to pass, prayers offered by all the way up to a 96 year old man I consider to be a saint in my denomination. I'm still examining if religion is an empty bag - I feel I owe Colin that admission, bob as well.

I was impressed with my big hearted youngest son registering as a member here to thank all of you as well. You couldn't take a list of attributes you'd want in a child and invent a better person than he already is.

I am improving rapidly since my newest surgeon gave me permission to begin eating again after 7 months. I had a nuclear scan yesterday and the fistulas have closed up and are now below the skin apparently deep enough that he feels they won't begin draining again. That was a revolting experience I almost feel I have PTSD for enduring.

I, like Jill, got a kick out of the $101 donation. I literally feel like I have a whole slew of best friends I simply haven't met yet. You got us on our feet again, and for that, I am truly grateful to all of you, most of all to Fred for heading up this effort.

Last edited:

SignManiac

Count me in as another atheist who was happy to help out someone in a tough situation. My religious beliefs don't have anything to do with me doing the right things in life because of common sense alone. It's a no brainer! Hoping for a speedy recovery:thumb:

signage

Just do us all a favor and keep getting better so you do not need an other surgery! We have all been pulling for you and are glad to help! Also hoping for a speedy recovery:thumb::toasting:

iSign

wow... you never even once put me on the ignor list?? well that's amazing... maybe there IS a god :Big Laugh (and maybe not :rolleyes:)

get well soon bro.. glad I could be a small part of something great!

AUTO-FX

Oh my god Arlo (haha- "god") you finally got to eat something!!! --- So what did you have as your first meal???

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Oh my god Arlo (haha- "god") you finally got to eat something!!! --- So what did you have as your first meal???

Something I dreamed up after about 3 months in a hospital bed with no food, just IV nutrition. It was a hot dog with a slice of bacon on each side of it, sliced jalapenos, relish and mustard. Talk about a HOT dog!

nowitzness41

I'm coming home spring break, Dad. I sent you a text but you never responded. Give me a menu and I'll make that whole week your personal chef week. Whatever you want or can dream up, I'll make it. I figure you're more likely to post a reply on here than try to figure out those "new fangled" cell phones.

BTW, that WAS a crack at your age. haha

Dave Drane

Hey Arlo, I am going to ISA in Las Vegas in April and after that will be picking up a car and doing some driving around. I would dearly love to shake your hand. Send me a PM if you think you can feel up to it. I would be honoured.

Marlene

First off, I owe Colin a debt of gratitude for suggesting it. That was amazing to me since he is the only member here I've ever put on the IGNORE list due to our bumping heads over the issue of religion.

a really good reason to ignore the ignore function. friends with good hearts some times come from the most unexpected places. bumping heads just help keep the cobwebs from forming.:thumb: insane as this might sound, I actually like it when bob doesn't agree with me. it gives me insight into a view different from my own and makes me re-evaluate my opinions. not saying those opinions have ever changed drastically, but it's always good to stop and think about what you believe to be true.

Salmoneye

I didn't give you a nickle! (But only because I would have had to borrow one to give you.) I have however been following your ordeal and been thinking about you. Congratulations on everything from one fellow human being to another. I think that you should have had a plate of spaghetti in honor of the Spaghetti Monster. You sure picked a hell of a first meal. I would have thought that you would have started out your system with something a little easier to process, wow.

threeputt

I think most of us feel empathy for another person when their troubles come to light.

I am not a religious person at all, but don't feel that that precludes me from doing charitable or "right" things whatsover.

I'm hoping your convalescent days are pleasant. Keep us posted.

---C

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I didn't give you a nickle! (But only because I would have had to borrow one to give you.) I have however been following your ordeal and been thinking about you. Congratulations on everything from one fellow human being to another. I think that you should have had a plate of spaghetti in honor of the Spaghetti Monster. You sure picked a hell of a first meal. I would have thought that you would have started out your system with something a little easier to process, wow.

Starting out with a hot dog smothered in jalapenos is actually good for you (well not so much the hot dogs). Jalapenos, however, actually aid digestion, and unfortunately, elimination. I felt like I was crapping a chain saw blade with my first real dump in 6 months.

showcase 66

starting out with a hot dog smothered in jalapenos is actually good for you (well not so much the hot dogs). Jalapenos, however, actually aid digestion, and unfortunately, elimination. I felt like i was crapping a chain saw blade with my first real dump in 6 months.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

tcorn1965

Something I dreamed up after about 3 months in a hospital bed with no food, just IV nutrition. It was a hot dog with a slice of bacon on each side of it, sliced jalapenos, relish and mustard. Talk about a HOT dog!

Hot Damn, I will have to give that a try...minus the mustard and relish.

Terry

skyhigh

I have for several months been re-examining my beliefs. The greatest evidence I've witnessed lately is that not one single prayer offered on my behalf came to pass, prayers offered by all the way up to a 96 year old man I consider to be a saint in my denomination. I'm still examining if religion is an empty bag - I feel I owe Colin that admission, bob as well.

Huh....funny.
I prayed that you didn't die, and that you and your family didn't lose your home due to financial crisis.

Praise the Lord.

I literally feel like I have a whole slew of best friends I simply haven't met yet.
The Lord works in mysterious ways, wouldn't ya say?
Your faith was tested.....and you failed.

Colin

Your faith was tested.....and you failed.

Actually, his "faith" (believing things for which there is no evidence) was tested, and he passed.

Faith: the effort to believe that which your common sense tells you is not true. (Elbert Hubbard)

skyhigh

kinda like....not seeing the forest thru the trees Colin.
Actually, his "faith" (believing things for which there is no evidence) was tested, and he passed
The EVIDENCE was....... HE LIVED. Just like I prayed he would.

Praise the Lord. (I guess I allready said that)