• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I thank you, my family thanks you

skyhigh

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions (Colin) and content with your knowledge.
(Elbert Hubbard)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
pops_blinking.gif
Does this thread need to be moved to NHB Religion?

skyhigh

I guess it should have after post #1
I'm just a responder to something allready posted.

God Bless you too Fred. :toasting: (thats water that was turned into wine....just in case you were wondering what was in the glass)

:ROFLMAO:

njshorts

starting out with a hot dog smothered in jalapenos is actually good for you (well not so much the hot dogs). Jalapenos, however, actually aid digestion, and unfortunately, elimination. I felt like i was crapping a chain saw blade with my first real dump in 6 months.

:roflmao: !

MachServTech

I guess it should have after post #1
I'm just a responder to something allready posted.

God Bless you too Fred. :toasting: (thats water that was turned into wine....just in case you were wondering what was in the glass)

:ROFLMAO:

Skyhigh...Is your Avatar trying to tell us something has crawled up in there?

:Big Laugh

Seriously, hope you feel better Arlo! Best wishes and good vibrations!

Marlene

The Lord works in mysterious ways, wouldn't ya say?
Your faith was tested.....and you failed.

seems like a person who is a "believer" would be a lot nicer to people. that was mean thing to say to Arlo and why now? this thread goes back some. did you just wake up today and decide to spread around some "love"?

skyhigh

Skyhigh...Is your Avatar trying to tell us something has crawled up in there?
Simply giving YOU a little visual aid directions.

Marlene, its not like I dragged this thread out of the dusty archives. I guess I was busy and missed it. (I didn't know time had expired...sorry)
BTW, please post the "mean" thing I said. Was it that I prayed he would survive, or that I prayed he didn't lose his home? Get a grip lady....and quit stirring the pot.

I will say that I found Arlo's comments somewhat disturbing. To have survived his near death ordeal, and then realize the love of strangers that have come to his aid.....then somehow theorize this as proof that there is no God.

I guess some people have a strange way of "Counting their Blessings".

HulkSmash

Simply giving YOU a little visual aid directions.

Marlene, its not like I dragged this thread out of the dusty archives. I guess I was busy and missed it. (I didn't know time had expired...sorry)
BTW, please post the "mean" thing I said. Was it that I prayed he would survive, or that I prayed he didn't lose his home? Get a grip lady....and quit stirring the pot.

I will say that I found Arlo's comments somewhat disturbing. To have survived his near death ordeal, and then realize the love of strangers that have come to his aid.....then somehow theorize this as proof that there is no God.

I guess some people have a strange way of "Counting their Blessings".

I kinda agree with you, but who are you to Judge? Saying he failed...
And if you're trying to get a point across you're doing it the wrong way,
you'll just push people further and further away from religion or believing talking like that..

skyhigh

I kinda agree with you, but who are you to Judge? Saying he failed...
And if you're trying to get a point across you're doing it the wrong way,
you'll just push people further and further away from religion or believing talking like that..

Well thanks for that much.

I guess I could have stopped with pointing out that his faith was being tested. The a-hole in me had to add the failed part....for which I will apologize. I guess I was taken back by his comment....and really surprised no one else was.

njshorts

Well thanks for that much.

I guess I could have stopped with pointing out that his faith was being tested. The a-hole in me had to add the failed part....for which I will apologize. I guess I was taken back by his comment....and really surprised no one else was.

some are surprised... myself for one.

just not going to publicly judge. if i have something to say, i'd call the dude or at least PM him and would be friendly about it. the truth spoken in love personally, notsomuch directly in public. just me, no judgement passed on what you said.

GypsyGraphics

Huh....funny.
I prayed that you didn't die, and that you and your family didn't lose your home due to financial crisis.

Praise the Lord.

The Lord works in mysterious ways, wouldn't ya say?
Your faith was tested.....and you failed.

i gotta agree with skyhigh
except on the "tested and failed" part

Last edited:

Ken

Hi Arlo. I've been out of the loop for quite a while. So glad to hear you are recovering.
What doesn't kill ya..makes you stronger...or some BS like that...doesn't usually apply.
Hard knocks blended with good attitude (spirit) keeps you strong.
Enjoy the day.
Cheers!
Ken