• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC Profiles for 3M 50/50 Perforated Window Film

ADuke

Hello,

We are trying to print a solid black on perforated window film and it is printing about 10" of media and then head strikes appear. We are thinking the heat settings are too high but can not find a profile for this media or one similar that works. What profile do you use (we are printing with an HP Latex 360 printer)?

Thank you in advance!

Asuma01

In my experience its the vacuum setting you want to adjust. Crank it up first before adjusting heat settings.

I use a slightly adjusted 40-20c media profile. The difference being way higher vacuum pressure.

ADuke

In my experience its the vacuum setting you want to adjust. Crank it up first before adjusting heat settings.

I use a slightly adjusted 40-20c media profile. The difference being way higher vacuum pressure.

Do you know what the vacuum pressure is set to for that profile? I bumped the vacuum all the way up to 50 and the heat settings are set at 195. The original settings were 237 degrees and 35 vacuum and still isn't working....

Asuma01

keep turning it up until headstrikes stop. Or if you max it out and still get head strikes then switch to a different brand of perf. I've used clear focus perfs with good results.

ADuke

So, It ended up not being the profile. I have the settings at 35 (vacuum), the heat at 196 and it is now printing perfectly. The difference being "Output Platen Protector" Kit. I spoke with someone on the phone and they recommended using these. I have never used them before but it seems to have done the trick. It may have also been that we switch the plates in the machine to try to print edge to edge, probably just can't do that with window perf. Once the platen and edge holders were installed that seemed to help too. I guess lesson was, no edge to edge with window perf and use Output Platen Protector when printing.