• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas for family reunion banner?

Jillbeans

I have none yet, but I'll post something once I get a suggestion.
The theme for this year's reunion is "West Coast" because I have a few cousins who are coming in from California, something which only happens every few years and sometimes decades.

Just what does "west coast" make you think of? Beach Boys? Grateful Dead/hippy? I am drawing a total blank. It's called "West Coast Welsh Festival" but I am thinking West Coast Welshfest. I have 100% say in the design since I'm making it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last year I made it be based on our English heritage.
This year I want it to be more playful.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Because of all the reality shows, the first thing I thought of was West Coast Customs, choppers, etc., with the graffiti/grunge look. That's mostly what showed up in a google image search for West Coast, too.

Rojo

When my out of state relatives come to the west coast for a visit the main thing on their minds is the beach. I always take a bucket of wet beach sand to my father-in-law in Idaho when we visit him. He buries his feet in it. Beach Boys, maybe, Grateful Dead, dead except for a handful of tie dyed potheads.

Jillbeans

I think you might be onto something.
I know that theme would be super popular with some of my kinfolk.
All I could think of was Beach Party type stuff retro 60s my fave.
Also attaching last year's banner.
Was going for a more family crest idea then.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 81
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 89
  • images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 74
  • welshlogo.jpg
    welshlogo.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 73

laserman70

California is known for many things: most noted: Hollywood and the movie studies; warm sunny weather, beautiful coastal beaches, lowest dessert point (Death Valley); The Gold Rush; Beautiful Missions; originally part of Mexico and Russia; The Golden Gate Bridge; Los Angeles Lakers, Anaheim Angels, Oakland Raider, Anaheim Ducks; Disneyland; Napa Valley Wineries; Mount Shasta; San Francisco; Beverly Hills, Santa Barabara; Los Angeles; San Diego; and The Largest Agriculture Valley in the World.

chunji

West coast banner....

Hey...Mabe use signcrafters route in the chopper theme or a surf board,blue sky with family name in a beach 'font" and filled with west coast icons. I don't know. Beach towel, sandles, CRABS (the good kind) and don't put picks of illegal drugs on it , u may give someone a infarction.

Rojo

Beach Party theme is always fun. Easy to decorate. Casual. Require flip-flops. Have a prize for the most or ugliest toes. Get some cheap squirt guns. Build a bonfire, make S'mores.

rjpjr

West Coast... Gang Warfare and also rappers!! :omg2:

Kinda Harsh visually, but could be fun.
Graffiti typefaces on Brick Wall texture background? Logo stenciled on the Bricks with paint runs?

Rojo

Surfboard idea for the banner is great. Plenty of surfboard images online for inspiration.

Jillbeans

Some of the relatives would love to see illegal psychotropic drugs depicted, but my brother is the magistrate.
I think the biker theme would be really popular, but not as much fun as the beach party theme.
This will all be happening in a crappy little picnic grove so the bike theme might be better.

SignManiac

I'd go with an old pioneer wagon heading across the plains. But instead of the saying "Go west young man" have it say, "Head East young man"

Or? "Welchylvania" or Bust!

Craig Sjoquist

Geez that is a ______ park hardly any trees for shade and no lake, hard to do a beach theme scene so I guess ya got to set the mood for it. or go with SignManiac idea Welchylvania likes that one here that leaves it open.

Jillbeans

I'm getting some good vibrations...hahaha thanks ABP.
These cousins are from San Diego, my uncle moved out there, had 10 kids, retired from the Navy etc.

btropical.com

Jill maybe a couple street signs ,,PCH pacific coast highway ,,monteray ect .... and don't forget to have someone screw the maid Have Fun !