• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Idol for few days

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
A few days is fine, run a small print then do a thorough manual cleaning before you leave.
If you just not using it much, run a small print at least every 2 days.

MacDaddy

A few days is nothing and the printer can be saved... Just clean and do check nozzle test.....................

DPD

I usually do nozzle checks. I've been told by tech support that it takes more than a couple of days to affect the printer. If you will be away for an extended period of time it's best to check with Mutoh and then they'll probably tell you that you need to purchase the cleaning cartride and clear the lines and nozzles and then when you return you would do an ink fill and you're finished.

Just to repeat: check with Mutoh first.

midnightmadman

Hm. Well I am just getting into doing my own printing so I am worried about not having enough work right away to keep it running enough.
I guess if I just run a test print or something every few days if I have no print jobs I will be ok?

midnightmadman

I did a nozzle check and here is a scan from it. How bad does it look?

CCF09242008_00000.jpg

MacDaddy

Cross Contanination... If this is a FO Printer you may need a new Maintenance Station or at the very leats a new Capping Station...

midnightmadman

Cross Contanination... If this is a FO Printer you may need a new Maintenance Station or at the very leats a new Capping Station...

well I was told the capping station BRAND new. so hopefully its not that.
what would the maintenance station help with?

Can someone break down a description of what the problems are in the print? for example... why the thin lines through all the colors?

Aside from the C and Y cross contamination issue, that looks like a fairly reasonable nozzle test print from the Falcon Outdoor. Trust me when I say that I've seen much worse test prints than that one...

To clear up the cross contamination, I would run a series of cleanings, or possibly a powerful cleaning (but I recommend that with caution as it's been known to blow out the pump on the FO series). The other option would be to print a series of solid color squares consisting of pure Yellow, as that is the color where the contamination is. You may need to print several square feet of Yellow, but it really does not look too bad, and should not be difficult to clear up.

With respect to the small lines in all of the colors, that is, believe it or not, normal. This test print is a 1-pass print, and those white lines will not show up in normal, multi-pass print modes. Frankly, I am not a fan of the FO series; they are perhaps the worst low solvent printer ever brought to market by a non-chinese manufacturer. Fortunately for Mutoh, they have brought far better machines to market more recently (ValueJet).

Bob