Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have seen Storage Wars

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by binki, Nov 20, 2012.

1. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    Dave Hester Auctions trucks were parked in our lot this afternoon. Storage place up the street. Guessing the drivers were at the bar across the street after the event.

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Nice,
    did you have your crew sneak out and place company bumper stickers on the trucks or some business cards under the wipers?

wayne k
    guam usa

3. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppp

4. binki

binki Very Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    The guys were in the trucks the entire time we saw them. We have a pic, will post when I get it from the guy that took it. Didn't see Dave at all. If I had known they were up at our local storage place I would have gone out as a bidder just for the experience. Entertainment comes cheap when you work all day and night. It would have been a nice break from the day.

5. MakeMyGraphic

MakeMyGraphic Member

Feb 21, 2012
    San Diego
    All the vendors who have met Dave Hester when he sets up at the Kobeys swap meet in the Sports Arena think he's such an A hole. I can't say personally since I haven't TRIED to talk to him, but I've seen him driving around with his pug on the dash of his black Mercedes sprinter hahaha

6. MakeMyGraphic

MakeMyGraphic Member

Feb 21, 2012
    San Diego
    oh btw I took this pic early in January this year... he's aaallllwwaaays at Kobeys shouting "Yuuuuuuup!" and selling his merch

Attached Files:

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    He's right up there with Frank when it comes to branding himself.

8. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I think anyone who watches the show knows it is rigged. How else would only the group of 4 or 5 bidders/teams would always get a locker when there is only 4 or 5 lockers available for auction.

9. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i watch it...for now?
    it's been getting to be like soap opera.
    who really would over pay so much for some of these lockers.
    so you know it's rigged right there. if you are running a business you have a certain amount of money available for material are you going to pay 3x what it's worth.

10. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    WHAT?! Rigged?! Bull feathers. I know personally that whenever I have extra cash lying around I stick it in a box in my storage locker right next to the box full of grandma's diamonds and an original Monet.

It's always funny that the good stuff is never right in front....it's always in a drawer or in the back behind something so it can get "found" right after they talk about how bad the unit is.

And dangit, I was thinking the only things real on the "reality" show were Brandi's boobs. I guess now we know those are fake, too. Guess I don't have to wait for the old stripper pics to come out now.

11. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    :roflmao:

12. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    just google her. they are there.