• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you were to move...

Fitch

Where would it be?

I guess within the US of course but other input is welcome.

Forget about dreams and those "Top 10" lists.

Have you actually investigated were life might be easier / simpler / more personally gratifying / more financially beneficial / more reliable - stable business wise / more cost effective ?

Whilst personal situations (family, friends, financial comittments, legal responsibilities etc) may restrict ACTUALLY moving... where would you go should you be able to?

My wife is from the US and would dearly love to move back home to Nebraska (too freakin' cold for me) so I would consider the move from Oz to the US.

But where and why?

Cheers - G

Letterbox Mike

Traverse City, Michigan. Nowhere else but there. If/when we ever retire, we will retire there. We've even considered moving the business up there a few times...

HulkSmash

Where would it be?

I guess within the US of course but other input is welcome.

Forget about dreams and those "Top 10" lists.

Have you actually investigated were life might be easier / simpler / more personally gratifying / more financially beneficial / more reliable - stable business wise / more cost effective ?

Whilst personal situations (family, friends, financial comittments, legal responsibilities etc) may restrict ACTUALLY moving... where would you go should you be able to?

My wife is from the US and would dearly love to move back home to Nebraska (too freakin' cold for me) so I would consider the move from Oz to the US.

But where and why?

Cheers - G

Colorado.. its pretty sweet here.

over 300 days of sunny days a year. Snow, lakes, mountains, beauty.

Fitch

Already considered Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont areas. Loveland is where the Mother in Law lives but is quite expensive compared to other US cities.

Fitch

Try telling that to the cheese & kisses Astro. Maybe we should move to the US just so she can "wake up to herself"...lol

TheSnowman

I haven't traveled much other than two places every year for my entire year...but I would move to one of those two places as of now if I was going to.

1. Silver Lake, MI
2. Orlando, FL

The first I would want to take my shop with me probably, and since I plow snow in the winter, that would fall right into place. The second...would only be if I got fed up with everything, and money wasn't a huge issue. I'd love to do something for Disney that was pushing me everyday. If it was just sweeping the park or something...no thanks.

Jillbeans

I was born in Pennsylvania, my roots here go back into the 1750s.
If I ever were to move, it would be somewhere in PA.
We have the four seasons, historical sites from ancient people through the French & Indian, Revolutionary, and Civil Wars up to 9-11, beautiful rolling hills, Amish buggies to drive behind on country roads, fields of corn and soybeans, vineyards, gorgeous fall foliage, museums, cool old buildings and a melting pot of cultures.
And the Penguins and Steelers if you like sports.
The people are pretty friendly and down to earth.
The schools are progressive and caring.
There's a church on almost every corner. And a bar on every corner.
The economy is not so bad out here in Southwestern PA other than an overabundance of sign shops.
You might want to get a job with Westinghouse.
Love....Jill

surf city

Several places would be nice to live.
Mackinac Island Michicgan
Western PA, as Jill mentioned
Willmington North Carolina

Just not sure which one yet

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was born in Pennsylvania, my roots here go back into the 1750s.
If I ever were to move, it would be somewhere in PA.
We have the four seasons, historical sites from ancient people through the French & Indian, Revolutionary, and Civil Wars up to 9-11, beautiful rolling hills, Amish buggies to drive behind on country roads, fields of corn and soybeans, vineyards, gorgeous fall foliage, museums, cool old buildings and a melting pot of cultures.
And the Penguins and Steelers if you like sports.
The people are pretty friendly and down to earth.
The schools are progressive and caring.
There's a church on almost every corner. And a bar on every corner.
The economy is not so bad out here in Southwestern PA other than an overabundance of sign shops.
You might want to get a job with Westinghouse.
Love....Jill

Yeah, then you have me on the other end of the state. GINO.gif

We have the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, Sixers, change of seasons, family ties and we've traced our ancestors back into the mid 1700's also. It would be very hard for me to leave, but my wife has her eye on British Columbia. :banghead:

Me, I'd rather just buy a huge touring bus and see the country and eliminate property taxes altogether. :unclesam:

RebeckaR

I'd love to have an apartment or condo in Phoenix and do the winters there and the summers where I am now.
I have family in both places and it would be great to get to spend time with all of them at least part of the year and not have to shovel a driveway.

chess24

Nebraskas where its at. Lol, I would like to move to denver area possibly or maybe the east coast. I moved to Wichita for a couple year, it was beneficial financial wise working at Boeing, but I didnt like the town much. All in all i dont mind the slow paced lifestyle of nebraska

dwt

We have been kicking around the idea of Boulder, Colorado for about a year. Very laid back with an active art scene.
Our second choice on the short list is Houston,Texas. No state taxes on income there but it may be too conservative for my liking.
However if California repeals prohibition (with prop 19) a ton of money is going to change hands out there. New start ups will be everywhere filling up vacant storefronts.