• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you were to move...

WildWestDesigns

OUT OF NJ!!! SOMEWHERE...would love to pack my 2 sons and load my 25' enclosed and just roll out..and tour the country ..til it felt right...LOL :thumb:

Good luck with that. A lot of people have been trying for years without success.

I divide my time between Plano TX(my hometown and my family has been in NE Texas for 6 generations) and Nashville TN. I'll probably just stick with those two places. If I move anywhere else it won't be out of the South though.

WildWestDesigns

Wild West, What's Franklin Tn. like ? I have thought of moving there also.

Ironically it isn't that much different from Plano. In fact, a lot of the settlers of Plano in the antebellum period came from Mid TN and KY.

Back to your original question, it is a gorgous place to live if you like a more rural setting, Plano is more city now then even when I was growing up.

You still have 4 seasons, but I would imagine that they would be shorter then what you are used to over in Jersey.

Plus, and is is a good plus, cost of living in TN is pretty low compared to other places.

NJandPA

Well we are doing just as you asked. Next week we leave for Orange County California.
We live in South NJ and we are outa here. We are almost packed, everything is sold, business sale closes wednesday and off we go. It took a year but here we go.

We are doing it!

jtrainor56

I moved to this area(Reading area) 10 years ago from North Jersey and I love the area, rich in history, close to NYC (I hate Philly), Hershey, Lancaster, Gettysburg, the beaches in Maryland and places like Steamtown. You have your 4 seasons and except for last winter the snows not so bad.

The problem is that work out here really took a bad hit that started back in 2002 and may never recover. Since I moved here my wife and I have been laid off more times then I want to admit and taken as much as a 20% cut in pay (my full time job has been in IT for the past 25 years). I have two daughters that have been struggling for jobs and both are college grads and my wife's been out of work almost 2 years now.

surf city

Wild west, thanks for the info, I'll have to do some more research. NJandPA good luck with your new life, wish you well.

adkmaid

toes in the water ass in the sand....

i have put in almost enough time in this business so only one answer here.....key west florida:toasting:

saktrnch

At the end of a very long dirt road, keeping in mind "if you have to go inside to take a leak, your neighborhood's is too crowed".

ElJay

Seattle, WA. Great city, nice people, close to Canada, rain doesn't bother me..Either there or Stratford, CT to be close to my family.