• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you won the lottery...

What would you do if you won the lottery?

• Keep working and upgrade my equipment

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Keep working and not let anyone know

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Blow it on fine wine and women

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Blow it on cheap wine and women

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Hire a buff male bodyguard

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Take care of my family for the rest of our days

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Invest it and make more money

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Not change a thing

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Retire

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Be on the next flight to the Bahamas

Votes: 14 12.6%

• Total voters

OneUpTenn

I would fix the roof on my trailer and do some fishing....when I get my vacation in July.

James Gregory...aka...the funniest man in America

Arlo Kalon 2.0

So did anyone read about Jack Whittaker? Hard to believe that drunk trailer trash lost a $114mil fortune in just a few years!

Lunatic Taskbar

First I would find a Surgeon who could operate on my eldest Daughter! Then I would ensure she has the best medical care she needs.

if anything was left I would upgrade equipment, and then look at expanding.

skyhigh

1) I'd buy "Girls Gone Wild" Island.
2) Pay for OP to finish his flying lessons, so he could cart my ass anywhere I wanted to go.
3) Hire Shovelhead as my bodyguard.

I'll need some signs for the island...anyone want to give me a bid? I'm retired.

Air Art Girl

have a client/friend that won a big one and I would do similar to what she did.

First off, I have no debt to pay off, other then mortgage so I would buy some property and build my dream home with a huge shop for all our hobbies. Work.......hell no, just for the fun of it most likely. Travel.........hell yes.
I would also put money away for my boys. And depending on how big the winnings were, I'd start some sort of foundation but not exactly sure who it would benefit. But would definately give some of it away.

skyhigh

What ever happened to dinner and a movie first?

Nonetheless, I'd rather ride on the wing....besides, I highly doubt there would be more than a couple inches between your belly and the wheel )))))))))

Actually, I'm surprised a P-38 can get off the ground with you in it. :rolleyes:

OldPaint

i dont eat meat.....))))) and only like jackie chan movies)))))
P-38 dont have "a wheel" its called a "stick".
as for it getting me off the ground....these old royals royce merlin engines have enough HORSEPOWER....take the plane up to 3-400 MPH....
and i dont have a that kinda belly...to begin with...you must think iam this guy!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQsdTx7HufY

S. Sexton

how much are we talking about? I didn't hit the lotto but a friend passed away two years ago and left the wife and I 960,000. We had talked about a new house and that made up our minds. The stocks that we received are now worth about 900,000. Still have the condo that he left and a new home. It didn't change our lives much just a piece of mind to know that you have some reserve.
Steve

Just Me

The common denominator of those who ended up broke was an inability to say "NO" to everyone who sided up to them begging for their bills to be paid off/new car/house/etc. It would be a bitch to have to suddenly be suspicious of everyone who wanted to talk with you alone - you'd always know what was coming. I have a brother in law who I know would tend to make my life a living hell if I ever won. No matter how much money he'd get - he'd always need more soon. Still, that can't stop me from playing. The fact is, any amount over $12,000 you give someone would be taxed at roughly 35% (gift tax). For that reason alone, I'd have no problem telling people I'm not willing to voluntarily give the IRS 35% of my money for no good reason. They'll just have to play and hope to win on their own!
off topic i know but has anyone ever told you that you look like Steve Martin?:Big Laugh

I would retire, throw my phone in the ocean and never be heard from again!:tongue:

Bradster941

If I had that kind of money, I would just donate these 50 "Feed the Children" banners I'm printing out this weekend for the Reverend Charles.

So, the question is back at you BigDawg as you haven't said,

What would you do with 50 Million Dollars.???.

Damm my printer seems so slow :Sleeping:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Me - I would buy a place in both TN and FL and jump back and forth. I'd make sure my family was very well cared for and set up college funds for all 9 of the grandkids.

I would so quit working for a while, but I'm sure that wouldn't last to long.

Oh - and party hearty once all the responsible stuff was done with - maybe lose a weekend - or week :smile: