• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you won the lottery...

What would you do if you won the lottery?

• Keep working and upgrade my equipment

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Keep working and not let anyone know

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Blow it on fine wine and women

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Blow it on cheap wine and women

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Hire a buff male bodyguard

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Take care of my family for the rest of our days

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Invest it and make more money

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Not change a thing

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Retire

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Be on the next flight to the Bahamas

Votes: 14 12.6%

• Total voters

ManningSigns

First pay off everything. Then I might even have the time and money to build a streetrod. Ok maybe a new racecar too.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

If anyone is interested in how you can manage to BLOW a $114mil windfall just Google "Jack Whittaker". He's definitely the record holder for sorriest lottery winner tales.

ChicagoGraphics

I saw that on one of the cable channels on TV. It was all about people that won millions and ended up broke after a year or 2, one woman paid to have her husband killed. Now she's sitting in jail rotting......

signage

Buy a nice piece of property at least 100 acres build a nice house and a huge garage/work shop. Have a big party! then just do what I want work a little play a little. Enjoy the rest of my life doing only what I want too!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I saw that on one of the cable channels on TV. It was all about people that won millions and ended up broke after a year or 2, one woman paid to have her husband killed. Now she's sitting in jail rotting......

The common denominator of those who ended up broke was an inability to say "NO" to everyone who sided up to them begging for their bills to be paid off/new car/house/etc. It would be a bitch to have to suddenly be suspicious of everyone who wanted to talk with you alone - you'd always know what was coming. I have a brother in law who I know would tend to make my life a living hell if I ever won. No matter how much money he'd get - he'd always need more soon. Still, that can't stop me from playing. The fact is, any amount over $12,000 you give someone would be taxed at roughly 35% (gift tax). For that reason alone, I'd have no problem telling people I'm not willing to voluntarily give the IRS 35% of my money for no good reason. They'll just have to play and hope to win on their own!

R08

My housekeeper just found 40,000 worth in gold coins on the local dump road. Not life changing but cool.

It's at the police station right now and so far no one has come forward so it looks like she's gonna get to keep it.
We told her not to tell anyone cause she is not good with leech friends. She's told everyone... now I think the money will be gone the first week she get's it... too bad for her.

I have a close relative that won 250,000. He didn't tell anyone and I think that was best. I got a cool 20,000 so that was nice

gators2001

Awhile back I asked bob the formula for determining the odds of winning a lottery. This was his reply:
That would be...
96/55)*(5/54)*(4/53)*(3/52)*(2/51)*(1/50)

or exactly 28,989,675 to 1

The odds of winning the lottery are roughly the same whether you buy a ticket or not.

It didn't stop me from playing though. I routinely look at the classified ads at www.thesamba.com for vintage split window VW buses of which I'll have the largest collection in the world - IF I ever win.

Bob has a formula for everything

Border

You won lots... millions, more then you would ever need.

If that's the case, Then I would make sure to thoroughly enjoy it!
Pay off all debts first, Then take a really great vacation or series of vacations with my closest friends & Family. Make sure to invest enough wisely through a trustworthy advisor.

Then... More fun stuff:
enroll myself in a top fuel drag racing school, just for the experience and fun of it. Buy a ride on the space shuttle. Charter the best damned live-aboard scuba diving trip and hit all the hot spots around the globe.
A huge collection of vintage muscle cars.

Too much to list but lots of things with throttles!

...and obviously take care of my family members.

But most of all, I'd probably spend a great deal of time trying to prove that that there is no such thing as having more money than you could possibly spend! Live it up, life's short and you can't take it with you:beer

jc1cell

I wouldn't tell anyone about it and go on with my life as usual.

Behind the scenes I would look into sponsoring the children of families in need that I may know about in my community so they can get a higher standard of education in a private school. I would do the same for my nieces and nephews. Along with assuring my children's college education. I would also sponsor families going through difficult times so they have food in the fridge.

At the same time I would take care of all the debt for my siblings, parents, in-laws. All this I would do anonymously.

Finally, I would setup several accounts for my immediate family that will assure their well being in the event of my passing.

I'm not one to ever play the lotto. My belief is that anything I may have is a blessing from above and given to me through dedication and hard work. But as this is an "what if" situation, I'm assuming a very large amount...as big dawg stated...more than I would ever need.

jc

Baz

Make sure family and friends are set ... Pay off my own debts ... Then have a hell of a week in Vegas à-la-weaselboogie ;-).

Then go back to school and buy all kinds of equipment.

OldPaint

FIND ELLOTT SPIZTERS HOOKER...and see if it was worth that kinda money)))))))))))
buy a P-38 MUSTANG....and finish my flying lessons...

Last edited:

Pro Image

Get all the bills paid for the imediate family and invest the rest in the business and some nice stocks.......

OH forgot the Dodge Viper and a few other toys............

Signsforwhile

I didn't pick anything because there was an option mission.

"Keep working and buy a new GT2"

for reference...

2008-gt2-porsche-997-turbo_4.jpg

ndemond

Make sure family was taken care of.
Pay off all debts.
Upgrade all equipment, then give it all to my son.
Retire.
Take the first flight to the Virgin Islands, St. John.
Spend the rest of my days on a sail boat,golfing and lots of beach time, with my toes in the sand.

The big buff bodygaurd is only be allowed in my dreams.