• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iFactory the very first look at the Apple factory

weaselboogie

Foxconn. I remember hearing a podcast about them. I think they have something like 10 cafeterias.... each one can seat THOUSANDS. The place is like a city in itself.

Mike F

Foxconn. I remember hearing a podcast about them. I think they have something like 10 cafeterias.... each one can seat THOUSANDS. The place is like a city in itself.

Pretty sure they have dorms for the workers as well. Apparently conditions there are so bad they put up nets around the place because workers were constantly killing themselves by jumping from the building.

bjones

Good ol' media sensationalism. Look past the 'apple' part of it and you quickly realize foxconn makes products for many companies in those factories, the suicide rates are below the country average and the wage is higher. But it's apple, we're supposed to hate them right?

J

john1

Wow, not looking good for Apple in my book after watching that. I'm almost embarrassed to have a iPhone. Why don't they raise their iWages?

Thanks for posting this!

Freese

Wow, I am never buying another Apple product after seeing how the workers who make these are paid as well as treated. I was going to buy a iPad next month but now am going to get a HP one. They can sell a mass produced product for hundreds but the workers that help keep Apple going are paid under $2 a hour? Get real

Thanks for posting this!

I would suggest an Android tablet, regardless of how workers who manufacture them are treated.

ProWraps

last time i checked they were employees not prisoners.

if they want to work there, well thats their choice.

CES020

Wow, not looking good for Apple in my book after watching that. I'm almost embarrassed to have a iPhone. Why don't they raise their iWages?

Thanks for posting this!

Maybe you should be embarrassed about your Dell, Hewlett Packard, Cisco, Nintendo, Amazon products too. The company has about 400,000 employees making electronics for just about everyone out there at some point.

So before you throw your iPhone in the trash, figure out who made that HP printer you use, or that Dell computer, or that Amazon Kindle, etc, etc, etc.

J

john1

I don't see why they can't pay the workers a decent wage. I don't care if $1.78 is a lot over there or not. You and i both know you can't buy crap with that next to nothing wage.

All this money Apple makes and they do this? Crazy.

Someone told me Apple has like 90 some million or billion is cash laying around. I could think of a smart way to invest that...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

Thanks for posting this!

Do you know how many products in your house are produced in China in FAR WORSE conditions than this? Foxconn is no angel but there is much worse.

I am no economy expert. I wonder if it is not just as simple as raising everyone's wages. They are busting down the doors to work at this rate.

ProWraps

I don't see why they can't pay the workers a decent wage. I don't care if $1.78 is a lot over there or not. You and i both know you can't buy crap with that next to nothing wage.

All this money Apple makes and they do this? Crazy.

Someone told me Apple has like 90 some million or billion is cash laying around. I could think of a smart way to invest that...

oh god. let me guess, you have a save the manatees bumper sticker on your subaru dont you?

J

john1

Chris- not even going to start with you.

I am sure there are tons of products in my house made this way but is there videos about the workers complaining about how they are treated and such? None that i am currently seeing so calm down ladies. Plus Apples such a panty dropper now adays so for them to be like this it's more of a big deal than other companies IMO

Now hate on everybody, Finally have something to keep me entertained this evening!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

I am sure there are tons of products in my house made this way but is there videos about the workers complaining about how they are treated and such? None that i am currently seeing so calm down ladies.

Now hate on everybody, Finally have something to keep me entertained this evening!

a few proper keywords at youtube or liveleak and you will find many similar videos that are truly worse

J

john1

Why are you talking about other companies when the post at hand is about APPLE? I commented on APPLE and now since other companies are in that factory i'm the bad guy for my opinion with the topic at hand.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Why are you talking about other companies when the post at hand is about APPLE? I commented on APPLE and now since other companies are in that factory i'm the bad guy for my opinion with the topic at hand.

Because Foxconn makes parts for dozens, perhaps hundreds of tech companies. As someone mentioned, if you hate Apple for it, then you should hate any number of tech companies since they employ the same factory to produce their wares

Acer, Amazon, Cisco, Dell, Gateway, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Motorola, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio

The reason Apple is mentioned is because they are all "shiny" and perceived as perfect. They could have done the story about the workers in the Cisco part of the compound but that would have an almost zero viewer rating.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It is no different then Whitney Houston dying. She was popular so they talk it it up on every news channel for 2 weeks straight. No one cares when dozens of other people die the same day for the same reasons

ProWraps

awe come on. i want to hear your bleeding heart liberal theory as to why we should all walk into our businesses and give our employees a stellar overly inflated paycheck because we make so much money.