• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iFactory the very first look at the Apple factory

CES020

iPhone's are already being moved from China to Brazil. Foxconn already has a factory in Brazil, making iPhone 4S now.

So where's all the love for your South American brothers and sisters?

I bought a shirt last night. I looked at the tag. It was made in Bangladesh. I seriously doubt the people that made it got much of the $45 I paid for it. Those evil department stores are making big bucks while some poor woman in Bangladesh makes $0.50 cents per day on average.

Oh the humanity.........

GypsyGraphics

“When you factor in that the American worker is nearly four times as productive, that math quickly adds ups,” said Hal Sirkin, senior partner at the Boston Consulting Group.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/02/companies-move-manufacturing-jobs-back-to-america/

:wavingflag:

maybe there is a silver lining to how difficult it has become to find employment.... if people are thankful to have work and actually do a days work, for a days pay.

i know of so many business that had to leave california, partly due to the ridiculously high cost of workman's comp and liability insurance.... driven through the roof by false workman's comp claims and sue happy employees. well, that and the fact that california bleeds it's business owners to cover paying government works salaries for life. (ugh, don't eeeeven get me started on that)

showcase 66

When I worked for Goodyear we had a plant in Thailand that produced new airplane tires. A water pump broke and to get water into one part of the plant, they hired anyone nearby who all day they passed buckets of water from the water source. Not sure if it is still there or not but instead of fixing the pump right away, they decided to keep the workers hauling the water.
Was it cheaper to use the manual labor. Yes it was but the reason they kept it to manual job was because it employed a lot more people in the area. People actually quit there other jobs just to work as a water carrier for them.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. If they modernized it with more robotic help then less workers would actually be needed which would have more not working. Not saying we should send all our jobs overseas, just saying things that sound outrageous to us may be awesome to them.

royster13

I bought a shirt last night. I looked at the tag. It was made in Bangladesh. I seriously doubt the people that made it got much of the $45 I paid for it.

As long as folks keep buying over priced imported stuff, businesses will sell it....As much as I would love to sell just what I wanted to sell, I tend to sell stuff my clients want to buy....

Circleville Signs

You know what cracks me up about all of this?

None of those people are Apple employees!

Not a single one! They work for a company who quoted Apple a cost factor to produce their parts, and they won the contract. Getting up in arms over it is simply the most asinine thing I've ever seen.