• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IL Conceal & Carry

SignosaurusRex

Taking a stance on gun laws/control are you? If I were in Illinois, My sign would read "GUNS CARRIED BY LICENSED & LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WELCOMED!"
Lets not get political here. You have an obvious agenda which is thinly veiled and offends me to the core!!!

OlsonSigns601

Taking a stance on gun laws/control are you? If I were in Illinois, My sign would read "GUNS CARRIED BY LICENSED & LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WELCOMED!"
Lets not get political here. You have an obvious agenda which is thinly veiled and offends me to the core!!!

I have no agenda but to offer signs to those who need them.

I will sell both signs and have demos of both and in no way shape or form will any of the customers coming to purchase these signs know my stance on the issue or know that I keep a 9 in a very short arms reach.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've never been to Illinois,
aside from the increase in sign work, is this good or bad?

wayne k
guam usa

OlsonSigns601

I've never been to Illinois,
aside from the increase in sign work, is this good or bad?

wayne k
guam usa

I think To some, it will be good and to others, it will be tragic and they will blame this law everytime someone gets killed by a gun.

For me I may worry a little about the wrong person getting a license and abusing the privilege with a road rage situation or street side argument, but I will feel better knowing I can now better protect myself outside of my home.

SignosaurusRex

I have no agenda but to offer signs to those who need them.

I will sell both signs and have demos of both and in no way shape or form will any of the customers coming to purchase these signs know my stance on the issue or know that I keep a 9 in a very short arms reach.

Your original choice of wording seemed to suggest otherwise. May you never need to exercise the reach for your 9. My apologies to you if I was off base and offended.

rjssigns

Here is an interesting tidbit of legalize. I happened to meet one of the involved parties when I took the CCW class. It was a compelling story and is still in the courts.

One of the parties involved in this mess will never be the same. He felt obligated to put his weapon in the trunk of his car to respect his friends/business owners wishes. There was an altercation in another part of the business that he unfortunately got swept into.
You can save all your what if's and speculation. The events of that evening would take far to long to explain. Suffice to say the injured party, had he been carrying, would have had sufficient time to draw and diffuse the situation.

In WI once the law had passed you saw a rash of the no concealed weapons signs. Now they are almost non-existent. Why? Because when you post the sign you consciously remove the rights and capabilities of people to legally defend themselves. It is a huge legal morass that you do not want to be involved in.

p.s. concealed is means concealed

genericname

In WI once the law had passed you saw a rash of the no concealed weapons signs. Now they are almost non-existent. Why? Because when you post the sign you consciously remove the rights and capabilities of people to legally defend themselves. It is a huge legal morass that you do not want to be involved in.

p.s. concealed is means concealed

I was about to ask about this very situation. If the law allows and protects concealed carry, how is it legal to prohibit it in a specific location unless you're law enforcement or government?

ucmj22

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/chucksw...t-orders-Illinois-to-legalize-concealed-carry

Its about time....

All my fellow Illinois Sign Shops, get your ads or samples out for NO GUNS ALLOWED signs.

We sold several of them when Wisconsin passed it and I expect the same surge for Illinois.

Should be an interesting months here in Illinois as this pans out.

I saw a post about it on facebook this morning, but hadnt had time to research it myself so I was going to hold off on my gratuitous rejoicing.

knucklehead

Being from Georgia, one of the first 'right to carry' states, I think what the OP was stating, that businesses have the right to refuse to allow you in their shop/store, etc. if you're carrying a firearm. Has been run through the courts several times. Court rulings were basically, if the shop you want to patronoze doesn't allow firearms on the premises, leave your weapon in your car, or go shop somewhere else. This is where the 'NO firearms/weapons' allowed signs come into play. There's lots of them here.

While we have the right to carry, they also have the right to not allow weapons on their premises. Kinda makes sense.

OldPaint

people with guns...........and most havent seen a gun till they bought one. now they take a couple hour training course and now are ARMED AND DANGEROUS. really folks, its that bad in your world? to be honest with ya, with proper training you can be just as armed and dangerous with a PENCIL or your INDEX FINGER...........but that takes a little longer to learn. and you dont need a PERMIT)))))

ucmj22

I was about to ask about this very situation. If the law allows and protects concealed carry, how is it legal to prohibit it in a specific location unless you're law enforcement or government?

most laws of this type protect your rights from government oppression, not private individuals on private property. If I someone comes on to my property talking some type of hate speech, that right is protected by the first amendment, however I also have the right to remove them from my privately held property for exercising that right. My house, my rules type of deal. Now on public property, thats a different story

genericname

While we have the right to carry, they also have the right to not allow weapons on their premises. Kinda makes sense.

Does it though? What makes sense to me, is when a state bestows upon its people a certain right, that right is irrevocable. If you can nullify someone's rights just by putting up a sign, then it was never a right to begin with; it was a privilege.

I'm arguing solely based on principal here, as I think the whole gun thing is crazy to begin with, but if you have a right, it's a right, and no man can remove that from you.

genericname

most laws of this type protect your rights from government oppression, not private individuals on private property. If I someone comes on to my property talking some type of hate speech, that right is protected by the first amendment, however I also have the right to remove them from my privately held property for exercising that right. My house, my rules type of deal. Now on public property, thats a different story

I really mean no offence by this, but I think that's some serious Orwellian double-think right there.

Sure, you can remove someone from your property for hate speech, but that's an evident, outward action. How do you remove someone from your property for carrying concealed when, by the very nature of it, you shouldn't even know it's going on? Aside from the bonehead making mention of it, the only other way to know would be to impede on that person's other rights against search/seizure.

rjssigns

Point here is concealed means concealed. Only law abiding conscientious people pay attention to those signs or wishes of the store owner. The other point people fail to realize is those signs are an advertisement to criminals for a Gun Free Zone.

I find it ironic that people are worried about law abiding citizens carrying.

Old Paint is right about the training though. I've hunted and shot paper my whole life. I still went to the tech college for the course. Had to do the MILO sim, load/unload different weapons etc... When time permits I will go back for the 3 part series. Lots of time with MILO.

ucmj22

I really mean no offence by this, but I think that's some serious Orwellian double-think right there.

Aside from the bonehead making mention of it, the only other way to know would be to impede on that person's other rights against search/seizure.

Again, the fourth amendment protection against search and seizure applies to government. If I hold you down and search your pockets, I am not violating your fourth amendment rights because I am not the government. I would be committing an assault for which I would be held responsible, but nothing to do with the constitution. If I want to post a sign that says I will frisk search everyone that comes in to my shop, I can do that, because ultimately it is the person being searched whether or not they accept the terms by entering my private property knowing that those are the terms of entrance. the constitution does not protect us from each other, only the oppression of our rights by government, everything else is up to local criminal law.

ucmj22

Point here is concealed means concealed. Only law abiding conscientious people pay attention to those signs or wishes of the store owner. The other point people fail to realize is those signs are an advertisement to criminals for a Gun Free Zone.

not necessarily, I might have one for my premises to limit the amount of guns in my establishment, but I myself will have a shotty and a 45 under the counter.

rjssigns

not necessarily, I might have one for my premises to limit the amount of guns in my establishment, but I myself will have a shotty and a 45 under the counter.

Although you are well within your right to limit weapons on premises would you actually want to face the lawyers in the case I previously mentioned?

Something else to wrap your head around. With the advent of CC why are business owners suddenly scared of guns in their establishments.

In simple terms it says they had no problem whatsoever with criminals carrying on their premises.

I appreciate your comments, and find engaging in bright social discourse, devoid of bashing and foul language most enjoyable.

iowasigns

In Iowa ( a shall issue state) a business cannot prohibit permit holders from carring on their property but they still have the right to refuse service to anyone. Sign or no sign I still carry as will the illegals. Unless it is illegal, such as schools, post office, city office and banks.