• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator and Rip??

carruthb

Im trying to find just a cheap rip. I am learning about what rip is, I didn't know it existed until I bought this mutoh jr 38 and learning i needed a 2,000 dollar program just to use it kinda sucks.

Is there any where to find a driver or rip to run this thing? I have illustrator so i don't need a design program. I just want to print something other than a test print page.

I found a few threads about places to download trails and demos but many of the links are outdated or no longer work. Is there a plugin for illustrator maybe?

Im learning as i go in this industry so i apologize if this is dumb.

Not sure why you bought a printer without knowing how you print to it. There is no such thing as a good cheap rip. You get what you pay for. Your best bet would be to try ebay or craigslist for an older version of a rip.

carruthb

just wanted to learn and gotta start somewhere right? And we came across this thing really cheap. i dont care how good it is. Im not looking for the best. Just anything that will talk to this printer.

carruthb

Thank you that is a solid start.

That brings up a question! Its not a printer cutter machine, i have a cutter i run separately. so i dont need a print and cut program. would that change anything as to what type of software im looking for?

Jackpine

You need a cutter that can read registration marks. Signlab has a killer up grade going on if you have the right crosstrade software.The Mutoh falcon will print 36" uni directional but realize parts are getting hard to find. For cutters Graphtec EC or FC series or Summa D75 with OPS. Do your homework and you will learn to teach yourself. Vinyl Master and Ciberprint would be to look at for print and cut also.
Thank you that is a solid start.

follow this link. https://www.eurosystems.lu/index.dml?unten=produkte/Pjannto-RIP-PrintCut-e.htm&von=html, and Ciberprint.com.

That brings up a question! Its not a printer cutter machine, i have a cutter i run separately. so i dont need a print and cut program. would that change anything as to what type of software im looking for?

carruthb

You need a cutter that can read registration marks. Signlab has a killer up grade going on if you have the right crosstrade software.The Mutoh falcon will print 36" uni directional but realize parts are getting hard to find. For cutters Graphtec EC or FC series or Summa D75 with OPS. Do your homework and you will learn to teach yourself. Vinyl Master and Ciberprint would be to look at for print and cut also.

Ok Im gonna have to do some research on what those are. I do realize parts are hard and expensive. I do want to find something else in the near future that will do vinyl wraps mostly. But that will have to come later once i get more familiar with the market in printers.

but I have a US cutter and sure cuts alot pro 3 that i use to do contour cutting. with that I can line up the registration marks and get pretty dang close.
I think they do well. There's probably people laughing at me with my hokey set up. :thumb:

Sidney

Corel Draw works great without an additional Rip.

Hello,

I have been successful in using Corel Draw for large print files (500+gig) that included vehicle wraps, boat wraps and large digital murals with no issue. I use to use Illustrator but ran into soo many memory issues and freezes. Although I still use Photoshop for effects I stick to Corel Draw and don't have to spend $1400+ for an additional rip program. If you don't have Corel Draw you can download a 30 day free trial. www. Corel.com

J Hill Designs

Hello,

I have been successful in using Corel Draw for large print files (500+gig) that included vehicle wraps, boat wraps and large digital murals with no issue. I use to use Illustrator but ran into soo many memory issues and freezes. Although I still use Photoshop for effects I stick to Corel Draw and don't have to spend $1400+ for an additional rip program. If you don't have Corel Draw you can download a 30 day free trial. www. Corel.com

please expand upon how you use ONLY corel with no RIP

carruthb

Hello,

Really?? I would really like to know how you were able to do that? I have corel but im not to familiar with it and primarily use illustrator. How do you go about using illustrator and corel? What did you do? For now it would be really small jobs like small logos to just see printer work.

ChicagoGraphics

Hello,

500+ gigs, How long does that take to rip for you??

Steph_Stamm

Im trying to find just a cheap rip. I am learning about what rip is, I didn't know it existed until I bought this mutoh jr 38 and learning i needed a 2,000 dollar program just to use it kinda sucks.

Another product to consider is SAi Flexi. It's the only all-in-one sign and print software, meaning you can RIP and print, vinyl cut, print-and-cut, and do sign design. Some of the things you're doing in Illustrator you can likely do much more quickly in Flexi. In our own surveys and on the forums here, people say Flexi is easy to use and easy to learn. We also have a number of training resources, free and paid.

We are also the only RIP with multiple payment options. You can subscribe and get full functionality starting at $50/month, or you can buy it outright. There are some great resllers on here that can help you as well - chrisphilipps with GRS and Bobby Fosson with CS-SignSupply to name a few. You can also reach SAi for more information at 1800.229.9066. Best of luck!

CRD

Is there any where to find a driver or rip to run this thing? I have illustrator so i don't need a design program. I just want to print something other than a test print page.

I found a few threads about places to download trails and demos but many of the links are outdated or no longer work. Is there a plugin for illustrator maybe?

Im learning as i go in this industry so i apologize if this is dumb.

Send an email to info(ADD)jupacreations.com and I will take care you can rip with your rockhopper 38 soon.

Paco