• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Help

Cy Fan

Is there a way to take a raster image or a photograph in Illy and turn it into a black and white image?

Creative_Lance

You can do this in photoshop by desaturating the image and play with the level slider, brightness then save it as a PS file then open it in Illustrator and autotrace it.
I hope this is helpful

Cy Fan

Thanks Lance, I'm not the greatest with photoshop but will give it a try. Converting the image to vector isn't needed, just need to make a color photo into a b/w.

Rodi

Or convert to LAB and go to the L Channel and copy then paste into a new doc, the L channel usaully has more contrast than any RGB, for some very technical reasons. You can also check out the G channel in RGB file and grab that, thats and old scanner operator trick.

Rodi

CS3 its under the edif menu to convert, I found that out today, there was no color under the filter menu…