• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

illustrator problem NOT FOR NEWBIES

Rooster

ralso While the Who
Cant create a pantone fade in photoshop:Oops:

I beg to differ. Creating a pantone to pantone blend is quite easy, but you need to approach it in a slightly strange way.

Start with a greyscale document and create your blend in black and white. Then you go into the image mode and convert it to a duotone using the settings you see in the first pic.

I took the liberty of printing it to a PDF file (second pic) so that I could display the different plates that were printing. As you can see, the CMYK channels have been turned off in the preview and it's only displaying the two pantone colors that were contained in the blend.

In fact there's two ways to do it. You can also create a CMYK file with additional color channels. In pic three the method is to create a new channel and in that channel create your blend. Then duplicate the channel and invert the color to create the opposite of what you created in the first additional channel. At this point you tell the channels to be spot colors and save it as a DCS 2 file. Placing the files created with the second method produces crappy looking previews and you need to click on the "link" button when placing them in Illustrator. A DCS2 file cannot be embedded in you illustrator EPS. While the duotone method can (not to mention the preview doesn't look like crap).

Picture three shows the results after printing and being previewed in acrobat the same as method 1. Picture 4 shows what the channels pallet should like when you're creating the file with CMYK base.

Attachments

• Duotone-Settings.jpg
    Duotone-Settings.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Acrobat-Preview.jpg
    Acrobat-Preview.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Method-2.jpg
    Method-2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Sample-Method-2.jpg
    Sample-Method-2.jpg