• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illy keeps telling me no enough memory 108...

Zazzess

Hi,

its been several projects that I'm working on that Illy tells me I don't have enough memory for...

Must be something concrete to do about it...

My project today is 5,851 KB. I tried rasterizing a bg in photoshop and when I placed it in the project it went on outline mode. Preview can't be finished... Not enough memory...

Whatever I do, the file is still 6 KB and I can't work on preview mode.

I have 700 GB free on this hard drive disk ! ( I'm not sure how it is working) But it isn't normal right !?!

Anyone can help me please...
Its taking a precious time...

Thanks

:blondie:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
restart your computer. Maybe you are running out of memory. Over time many programs use a certain amount of memory and don't release it

marcsitkin

Take a look in your AI preferences and make sure that you have a scratch disk set up for Illustrator to use that has lots of free space-preferably not on the same drive as the program.

Also, shut down Illustrator and in windows do a search for *.tmp files. You may have a bunch taking up disk space from previous problems.

After doing this, restart the computer, restart Illustrator and try it again.

SebastienL

Preferences - plug-ins & Scratch disk...

Check tthat your primary scratch disk is the one with 700 gb free.

But I'm pretty sure you have to many raster effects (Drop shadow, blurs, outer glow...)

Zazzess

Thanks guys I look at it right away !

In fact the image a try to place in is a raster of a pattern I made with a special effect to make it look like tissue...

Be right back

Zazzess

so erasing all *.tmp files is what I'm suppose to do :)
wish I could have found out by myself it seem so obvious !

thanks for your help !

brb restart process

SebastienL

Sartup is your main disk, it's ok that it says startup... if you have other disks on your computer, you could select another one. If you don't have other disks, the default will be "Startup"

Zazzess

okay I put the 700 gb space as you told...
please tell me what marc meant really is to delete all temp file or not ?? :/