• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illy keeps telling me no enough memory 108...

signswi

Sounds like you were hitting the limit of the addressable memory by Illustrator, which is still just a 32bit program. A large amount of raster effects will do that.

Morph1

Print all
buy corel draw and throw Illy where the old left overs go....:ROFLMAO:
Sorry I could not be much of help , I just shake my head when I see people struggle working in Illy.
There could be numbers of things that can cause the memory problems.

signswi

As a tip just turn your raster effects resolution down to 72, remembering to turn it back up to 150 or 300 before final export.

2 see signz

i had a look at a program called GLARY just googled it and it has a free memory cleanling tag, i installed it and it works great and free...
BTW i have nothing to do with is at all...just helping with the same problem i had with my computer and this fixed it

signswi

Programs like that ("memory optimizers") are no longer necessary on modern OS (Win7, osX) and can actually hurt performance. While they were standard in the XP days and earlier, the way memory management is done has changed radically since then.

Everything else GLARY does is done better by other programs (CCleaner, MalwareBytes, MS Security Essentials...).