• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm an Epson printer field technician. AMA

Misho

If you fit a new head without the program it will print but will obviously use the previous head's ranking numbers so the ink delivery through the head will not be optimal and you would likely experience some degradation of quality.

I'm an independent Epson tech in the UK and I only work on the 30, 50 & 70 solvent range. We also run 2 x 50600 and just love them.

There are copies of the tech program available online for about $30 - One of my customers in Scotland sourced it. I'll find out where he got it and post later.
Hello
Can you send the Tech Prog location please. I need to buy it

SignosaurusRex

I was a former Dell Field Tech but now Iam repairing some of the coolest printers in the world. Ask me anything.

Since I work on Epson printers almost everyday, Ill see if I cant help out with any questions that pop up in the Epson sub forum if it relates to repairing or servicing them.

What gives Brush Man? Here one moment and gone the next? Wham Bam Thankyou Mam? In and out like every other Milkman, car salesman and Service tech.

Misho

Datoshway - dampers sound like they are working. I would look at having the seals on the cap cleaned or the entire pump cap replaced.

I don't really see the GS6000 much but the last 2 I worked on I had to replace the steel carriage belt. They seem to build up dirt behind the belt and on the pullies causing too much tension and snapping the belt.
Hi
Can u please recommend a place to get cap for GS6000? I need them hardly please thanjs

coastguy111

Do you recommend staying with the Onyx gamma print R.I.P software that the new Surecolor S40600 comes with?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DAVID MARSHALL

dsmskyline - I couldnt find a service manual for the S50675, I looked at the service manual for the S50670 and Maintenance Request 2000 is the CR Scale near end of life.

Inspect your CR Scale for ink over spray buildup. You can remove it and clean it with Windex, when I replace CR Scales I have the new one and tape it to the one to be replaced and pull it through the CR Scale Sensor on the back of the Carriage Assembly. You will need the service program to reset the counter and remove the message from the printer display panel.

The DTG F2000 over spray is so bad for some reason that Epson designed it with an exhaust fan and filter on the left side to help keep the over spray off the CR Scale. I always remove and clean/replace the CR Scale when ever I service them. $20,000 a pop but they are awesome machines, some day...

As you can imagine these machines can be sensitive to temperature and humidity. All Epson wide format printers will develop their own "personality" with use. These are professional machines that dont like to sit unused. Some of my customers run the wheels off their printers, others once or twice a week. Last year I had just under 100 service calls and I can only think of 2 customers that said they were not happy with their Epson printer and would consider other brands for their next printer.
dsmskyline - I couldnt find a service manual for the S50675, I looked at the service manual for the S50670 and Maintenance Request 2000 is the CR Scale near end of life.

Inspect your CR Scale for ink over spray buildup. You can remove it and clean it with Windex, when I replace CR Scales I have the new one and tape it to the one to be replaced and pull it through the CR Scale Sensor on the back of the Carriage Assembly. You will need the service program to reset the counter and remove the message from the printer display panel.

The DTG F2000 over spray is so bad for some reason that Epson designed it with an exhaust fan and filter on the left side to help keep the over spray off the CR Scale. I always remove and clean/replace the CR Scale when ever I service them. $20,000 a pop but they are awesome machines, some day...

As you can imagine these machines can be sensitive to temperature and humidity. All Epson wide format printers will develop their own "personality" with use. These are professional machines that dont like to sit unused. Some of my customers run the wheels off their printers, others once or twice a week. Last year I had just under 100 service calls and I can only think of 2 customers that said they were not happy with their Epson printer and would consider other brands for their next printer.

I have the same message coming up on my S50600 so have bought a new CR Scale to install. Thanks for the tip on pulling it through with the old scale. Before I go to all the hassle though, I might try cleaning it. What procedure did you use?

Ldireprophil

Referring to the S-Series, which model do you feel is the best bang for the buck? do you prefer the 4, 6, or 8 as far as quality, maintenance, and easy of use is concerned? Would you recommend a lightly used one over a new one if the price were at least 1/2 what a new one costs? Just curious on your thoughts.

Bigmoreno1

I was a former Dell Field Tech but now Iam repairing some of the coolest printers in the world. Ask me anything.

Since I work on Epson printers almost everyday, Ill see if I cant help out with any questions that pop up in the Epson sub forum if it relates to repairing or servicing them.
I have an epson surecolor f2000 , it is leaking white ink from the back of the machine, i ran a nozzle check and the white does not show . I was hoping maybe you knew what would cause this...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have an epson surecolor f2000 , it is leaking white ink from the back of the machine, i ran a nozzle check and the white does not show . I was hoping maybe you knew what would cause this...
You can try to figure it out. Open it and see where it's leaking from...

Good to know that you are willing to help. recently we buy Epson SureColor V7000

balstestrat

Problem Solver
do you mean open it as in take it apart, or open the cover?
Yeah.... investigate what is wrong and proceed to fix it.
Like what do you expect, someone magically knows what's wrong when your car is leaking oil on the floor? Yeah it's leaking, no shit.

I don't know the machine, maybe it is a common known point of leak but you really should figure it out before the printhead craps itself.

Good to know that you are willing to help. recently we buy Epson SureColor V7000
He hasn't quite been around tho.
Last seen Jan 6, 2017

Mike Brice

Hi! We've had a S80600 for almost 2 years and have never had a problem up until about 4 months ago when, during routine carriage maintenance, I noticed red ink leaking from both capping stations. I can't seem to find any info online & our warranty is up, so any ideas? Thanks in advance.

T Nichols

I beta tested the first Epson (dye) printer in the US for Fuji who was distributing. The 9000, later upgraded to 9500 (pigmented dye). Last I heard, it was still running in Tennessee. After that one, I purchased a 9600 and it lasted about 6 years, 9800 4 years, 9890 1yr 2months til the heads died. I have always worked them to death, so no sitting-around-ink-related problems. Got a Canon ipf8400s on a great deal and it has been running mostly problem free since 2015. Have replaced heads a few times, but it just runs. I think the Epson produced a better image, especially black and white, but I have had no downtime with this machine and I have probably initiated 2 manual cleanings since I've had it. My girlfriend has a Canon Pro4000 (next generation from 8400s and has had more problems, but nothing major.
If I thought it would last longer, I would be more interested in Epson again.
BTW, I have 2 Fuji photo printers made by Epson that get a lot of use. Both of the printer's heads died during Christmas, of course. One was a 2017 with no previous problems and the other was mid 2020. I am kind of interested in the new Epson-branded generation of these printers, but am concerned about their reliability/longevity.

Neil Fancher

How can I do a Head rank on the S80600? Or can anybody give me a good Techs name near Sheridan WY 82801 Thanks. Oh by the way. We have had our S80600 for over 5 years and love it. We are replacing our first head. WHat is wrong with our head two we are missing Cyan and Magenta is not Firing at all. We switch to single head mode and now we get a cyan line through our print on single head mode. Any thoughts? Thanks Neil