• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm in LOVE!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Keleland… :Welcome: from PA.

I salute you and/or your father who served in the military for us. Thank you very much for that.

Also, nice start with your machine, software and all around knowledge of producing those signs. Very nice layouts and compositions.

Besides your ability on the sign thing, I like your style in some of your answers so far. You’re going to do just fine here. Again, welcome to our ranks here at…:signs101:

:unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam: :unclesam:

mladams7259

Great work so far! I think you will do well. A brand name cutter will make your work look even better! The difference in quality is amazing. Thank you/your father for the service to out great country! Welcome to Signs101!

keleland

AAWWWWWWWW...thanks everyone!!!

RaceDayVinyls...the interior design purpose/use is BOOMING!!! A lot is how you market it but I have people placing orders left and right. Check out www.wonderfulgraffiti.com and see their stuff. They are kind of the "big dogs" in this business. Or go to www.uppercaseliving.com ...they have made this stuff into a "party plan" like Tupperware!!! So, the short answer...yes, their is a market.

The set the record striaght...it was my dad who served...only thing I did was endured Army bases!!! He's now a judge in NC. We were taught patriotism early!

Again...thanks everyone for your kind responses!!! I feel like I am officially one of the gang now!

keleland

He doesn't bother me too much. But that may be because I have 4 kids and have learned to tune things out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ah, let Mr Lugosi alone. He serves us well as what to avoid and not look up to. Remember, so far, he serves as a reminder of what not to do.... :wink:

schosports

Cookie Monster
I have feeling that if bellaroni continues with his crazy posts Mr Weiss will fix the problem soon......
I sure hope so. I didn't sign up for these forums for that kind of BS. I have great a sense of humor, love Canada, huge hockey fan/player (hell my wife is goalie) but please take your non-sign related posts elsewhere.

BTW, keleland, nice work!
My Sister is an interior designer and did some painting of the side with her husband. I thought it would be cool to make custom paint masks with my cutter. They would be for when you where painting a child's room or whatever. I hand masked a border design in my own daughter's room, painted it, and love it.

keleland

What I love about this is that it is so GREAT for the "do-it-yourself" people! And that it is removable! If next year my daughter HATES flowers it will peel off!

Bradster941

Keleland, looks really nice.

There have been a few other threads about this and was wondering what vinyl your using and if you've had any problems getting a smooth apply and adhesion on painted walls?

Bellarolli, is that a French name :help:

keleland

I use Oracal 631. As you see on Maggie's wall it is painted. You have to take it slow and rub over it lightly (yes, that's a technical term:)) once it is on. But after that it is fine. And you can wash it off (lightly of course) if need be down the road. When you are ready to take it off you can peel it off like a post it note...unless it has been a long while then you may have to heat it with a hair dryer first. This is becoming quite big in the world of corporate functions and fundraising events as well. They like to design their meeting halls with their logos, but also want an easy "take down" afterwards.
Here are some ideas:
http://www.wonderfulgraffiti.com/photo_album.php?pid=123
http://www.wonderfulgraffiti.com/photo_album.php?pid=125
http://www.wonderfulgraffiti.com/photo_album.php?pid=65

imaSIGNr

I think at some point you will be faced with a problem getting the vinyl off without pulling up paint. Most walls are semi gloss, satin or flat paint. This is why you can pull it off without taking the paint with it. If you should ever use it on gloss paint you may be faced with a problem when it comes time to take off the vinyl.....using the calandered vinyl comes off easier also. Do not use cast vinyl if you plan to take it off. Cost more anyway...

iSign

I think at some point you will be faced with a problem getting the vinyl off without pulling up paint. Most walls are semi gloss, satin or flat paint. This is why you can pull it off without taking the paint with it. If you should ever use it on gloss paint you may be faced with a problem when it comes time to take off the vinyl.....using the calandered vinyl comes off easier also. Do not use cast vinyl if you plan to take it off. Cost more anyway...

I agree that damage to walls from vinyl removal is a legitimate concern, however I would disagree with the use of calendered vinyl, as in my experience, it often leaves a much greater amount of adhesive & the solvents required to deal with that may not be wise to use on some interior residential wall conditions.

I also think Kerri mentioned choosing a removable vinyl for this reason. (Oracal 631)

imaSIGNr

I just figured that out iSIGN. I thought I'd read Oracal 651 was being used and I see she is using 631....I didn't know what 631 was used for til now...