• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

showcase 66

I am sitting in Las Vegas International Airport (only saying it that way because I have heard that about 50 times since being here) waiting for my flight to Philadelphia. Flying solo and I just got bumped off my flight. I was actually asked if I would wait for the next flight. Flying solo, not a big deal. Plus I get a free ticket for later. I know have another 5 hours to wait until the next flight.

Anyways, Whats the weather like right now in PA. I am assuming it to be colder this week. We had the cold weather last week.

showcase 66

If you ever get stuck at the airport, the new security check points make for great entertainment. People get all worked up and is kinda funny. I am used to getting stopped at security. I always make the metal detector go off. I have a total of 17 screws and 2 plates in me.

John L

See we told you don't cause any static for the Mother In Law. Now look were it got you. Your headed to PA!

showcase 66

See we told you don't cause any static for the Mother In Law. Now look were it got you. Your headed to PA!

This is actually a make up trip. I have to use the tickets by the end of the year or I loose them. I was suppose to go back two weeks before Thanksgiving.

Well at least you're in Vegas. Gotta love slot machines in the terminals!

I already lost $30. I figure if I am going to just give it away, I am going to to it in the Bar.

People watching is fun.

showcase 66

And what brings you to PA CSDD?
I have a lot of my family back there. Mostly on the East side of the state near Wilkes-Barre, Philly, Allentown. Then I have Some family in Butler and Pitt.
Havent seen some of them in years. This time I am picking up a car from my cousin in Philly and heading to Wilkes to see my Grandparents and spend a day with them. Then off to Butler to drop off the car to my other cousin. I was going to rent a car but this works better. I dont have to rent one and my cousins are paying for all the gas. At least they are suppose to pay for the gas.

I was suppose to be up there for 5 days but I need to be back on Friday this week. I was hoping to stop by some 101 shops but I dont think I will have the time this time.

signage

CSDD if you are heading to Butler I hope you have good driving in snow skills! The North eastern corner down to around Somerset is getting snow from lake effect snow!

showcase 66

CSDD if you are heading to Butler I hope you have good driving in snow skills! The North eastern corner down to around Somerset is getting snow from lake effect snow!
Sounds like fun. Not the best but I have driven all through PA during some big snow storms. I spent 3 winters back there when my grand parents still had their coal furnace. Grandma couldnt work the furnace and my Grandpa was having a lot of back problems at the time.

At least this time I will be driving an Outback. All wheel drive.

showcase 66

That good! I just figured I would give you a heads up!
I appreciate it. I am actually looking forward to the cold. I love the cold back there compared to the cold where I am. Funny thing is that I dont mind shoveling the snow off the drive either. Probably because I dont always have to do it.

showcase 66

Just heard they will be calling my flight to board here in a few. See ya all on the other side. unless this plane has wireless internet and then I may get back on if I can.

GypsyGraphics

hey two hours later and your light is green... does that mean they have wireless on the plane?
i'm wondering if many planes have it these days?
if so, are you on a laptop or smart phone?