• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm looking for a merchant that sells Mutoh Smart Cards

Racegrafix

They cant be all the same, tried 8 that didnt work. Then used mutoh, they worked.

And premier colour says they dont work either.

Attachments

• 20180809_123310.png
    20180809_123310.png
    184 KB · Views: 363

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They cant be all the same, tried 8 that didnt work. Then used mutoh, they worked.

And premier colour says they dont work either.

I'm a Mutoh dealer and am 100% they are all the same. The 3rd party ones like the ones premier sells can fail because they aren't made the same way Mutoh makes theirs. If there was a difference, Mutoh would have to sell each ink as a different name with a different part number which they don't. What they normally do is change the coding on the card once in a while when new machines are released. The code is backwards compatible but the old ones won't work on newer machines. That's probably what is happening here.

Racegrafix

Well maybe the question should be...where to find cards for 2018 printer.

Premier told me theirs do not work, flat out. I purchased them, they refunded me because they said they dont work.

unmateria

For 1204 and rj900 you can use some switches to just cut the data line after the cards are recognized. Then card values are not modified. I think this doesnt work in any other model

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_181746.jpg
    IMG_20230721_181746.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 88

Johnny Best

Have to find a new ink supplier for my Mutoh 1204 48" printer since Mutoh new inks are now incompatible. Has anyone used STS inks in a Mutoh 1204. I heard JetBest inks have the least problem and good reviews.