• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm stumped, help please

jkdbjj

I'm going to start producing some interior signage to try and utilize the workshop I've been growing.

Can someone help me find a vendor for the white channel in this photo?
I looked for an hour but couldn't find the specs of 2-1/8"

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 279

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Are these door signs? or cubicle signs?
If it's a door sign, this is not ADA compliant, or they are trying to find a sneaky way too bypass ADA...

When I see a call out like this, it's the designers responsibility to note the manufacturer of that C channel... I would go to the designer to find out where they got that
2 1/8" call-out...

If they made it up, the designer should modify the design to fit a stock channel, or design a way for a sign shop to manufacture it... (2 pieces of acrylic - paint header/footer, VHB to make a void for the sliding message)

I just googled "Nameplate Sign" and "Cubicle Sign"... there are a ton of options for 2"...

Rick

oops, it looks like the 2" might actually be 2 1/8" overall height...

Attachments

• 1192_copy.jpg
    1192_copy.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 220

jkdbjj

Rick thanks for the reply. You and I are on the same page. The designer or architect agency has been utterly no help.

I've had these done outsourcing about 10 different projects already over the years, but the main vendor I used royally screwed a job up so I had to stop using them. So I've used a couple vendors since and they got it no problem.

However the most recent vendor I considered using had a tough time like you and I finding the 2-1/8 size.

I feel a little awkward asking vendor where they got it since I'm leaving them to do it myself.

Anyway I'll keep searching.

Before I go I wanted to show you this picture. This is the job so far. You see the hash mark? Those are also 2-1/8 and I cut them out and install. Then the name plate will fit right with it so everything is the same height. Does that make sense?

So it's not really and option to tell architect to switch to 2"

Maybe in the future I can just make it 2" even the hash marks and no one would probably notice. However that is not how I like to do business.

Attachments

• IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 219

jkdbjj

oops, it looks like the 2" might actually be 2 1/8" overall height...
Rick wherenis this one from? I might just go with 2" and center justify which will leave 1/16 top and bottom. Should be fine right? Ha ha

Rick

I don't know if you noticed my last post but I believe the C-Channel I posted is 2 1/8" overall height.

It's a 2" channel inside, but if you add the upper and lower walls, it's 2.125" - 2.13" - see the link below

Plastic C Channel

jkdbjj

I don't know if you noticed my last post but I believe the C-Channel I posted is 2 1/8" overall height.

It's a 2" channel inside, but if you add the upper and lower walls, it's 2.125" - 2.13" - see the link below

Plastic C Channel
Ah hah, I didn't catch that.
I will give them a call. A big page opened up and said their phones are down or something like that, but this might be perfect.

Another question, or rather get your opinion. I noticed this job is spec for PPG brand paint to match 158c pantone.
Do you think it matters if it is PPG as long as the color is correct?
Kind of a dumb question but this will be my first attempt at interior signage.

I did see your post about ADA, and I am not sure about that. I know they have this in thousands of offices and cubicles around the country so I am not sure how they bypass if it is wrong.

jkdbjj

Rick, also how did you find this? What terms did you search? Just curious. It is amazing how changing a word or two brings up different results.

Rick

Another question, or rather get your opinion. I noticed this job is spec for PPG brand paint to match 158c pantone.
Do you think it matters if it is PPG as long as the color is correct?
Kind of a dumb question but this will be my first attempt at interior signage.

When I write specifications, I alway add "or equal". In this case, I would follow that spec, Matthew Paint is owned by PPG, Matthews has pretty much perfected PMC color matching. I would go with them...

I did see your post about ADA, and I am not sure about that. I know they have this in thousands of offices and cubicles around the country so I am not sure how they bypass if it is wrong.

You are not required to put any sign up on a "permanent room" (EXCEPT SIGNS REQUIRED FOR OCCUPANCY), but If you put a sign up on a "permanent room" it must be ADA compliant. Where it gets a little fuzzy is temporary office spaces. Cubicles are not required to be ADA, If the glass partitions or not permanent fixtures, the office "may" not be required to be ADA compliant... in the case where it is fuzzy,, I would either have the client sign a release of liability, or get the architect/designer to write an email stating they don't think so or maybe the drawings are good enough.... basically, "cover your arse"

Rick

Rick, also how did you find this? What terms did you search? Just curious. It is amazing how changing a word or two brings up different results.

First I did "cubicle signs"
then "Nameplate signs"
then "plastic c-channel" and thats where I found it....

jkdbjj

Rick in this case the one you found are Styrene, and the job is spec'd for aluminum.
The project manager for the company said he doesn't care because no one comes and checks, as long as it looks the same.

So I'm gonna go for it with that product.

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely incorporate it.

These are going on three areas.
-Glass conference rooms
-Private offices along perimeter of the floor/area
-Cubicles

All five foot centered.