• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Im Stumped ...Little Help?

Jillbeans

It looks like Frank Fellers vomited.

I'm kidding!
But it's too trendy and wayyyy too hard to read, and tells us nothing about what Travis does.
Love....Jill

Dentafrice

I'm going to just step out of this discussion cause I re-read my comments and they seemed to be a bit on the offensive side.

Sorry! Just my opinion. If he likes it, he likes it and that's the end of it. But I'm not a fan.

Redz Signs Inc.

I'm going to just step out of this discussion cause I re-read my comments and they seemed to be a bit on the offensive side.

Sorry! Just my opinion. If he likes it, he likes it and that's the end of it. But I'm not a fan.

no offence taken. you have a opinion and i respect it .. i dont care for it that much either. however he sat here ith me and we made this in 15 min and he said "o can you get some opinions on this from some other people"
i said " O i most certianly can" and ill show this to him tommorow and mabe persuade him to take another route.

HulkSmash

if i can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
If i can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
no offence taken. you have a opinion and i respect it .. i dont care for it that much either. however he sat here ith me and we made this in 15 min and he said "o can you get some opinions on this from some other people"
i said " O i most certianly can" and ill show this to him tommorow and mabe persuade him to take another route.

I wouldn't show him this site. Either print the replies or describe them to him, but don't let him know how to access this site.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
this is what he wants . he doesent want anyont to understand what it means. but the law here states that every commercial vehical has to have viewable markings but doesent state ledgable [legible]. si the mess in the backround gives it that effect u cant see anything.

Well, then, I think you easily fulfilled the design brief...

signage

Red you do know that all tow trucks have to have their name legibly on their trucks? That is a state law! When you say commercial vehicle what do you mean?

Redz Signs Inc.

Red you do know that all tow trucks have to have their name legibly on their trucks? That is a state law! When you say commercial vehicle what do you mean?

any vehicle that is registered as commercial and has commercial insurance. and as far as "state Law" better check on how its worded. for 5 yrs i owned Curtze towing and recovery and had 8 trucks and beleive me i found every loupehole to get around with our pick up style tow trucks.

SignManiac

If I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Ditto
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure, but a repo guy kinda gets the short end of the stick when fulfilling his duty. He's seen as the big ol' bad guy. I've heard and read stories of when these guys come down the street, they're shot at, rocks thrown at them and other stuff hurled at them. So, I guess the guy is trying to keep a low profile.

Something to consider. Suggest to him before getting to his destination by a few blocks..... to take his signs off the truck, pull up to his assignment and after hooking the car up, whip out his magnetics, put them back on his truck and drive off.

Redz Signs Inc.

I'm not sure, but a repo guy kinda gets the short end of the stick when fulfilling his duty. He's seen as the big ol' bad guy. I've heard and read stories of when these guys come down the street, they're shot at, rocks thrown at them and other stuff hurled at them. So, I guess the guy is trying to keep a low profile.

Something to consider. Suggest to him before getting to his destination by a few blocks..... to take his signs off the truck, pull up to his assignment and after hooking the car up, whip out his magnetics, put them back on his truck and drive off.
Gino. the pittsburgh police will not allow you to have magnets at all. it must be a perm fixture to the vehicle. get cought get a ticket.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The police dictate what goes on signs or vehicles and in what manner.... or is this a law in your area on the books and the police enforce it ??

If that's the case. then do it in reverse. Letter the frickin' truck and put blank magnetics over the permanent lettering when pulling in and put them back on when leaving.

There's a way to do anything if you think outside the box once in a while.

If that doesn't work, tell him to open another business and deliver pizzas in his truck on the side.

JoshLoring

grafixemporium said:

+1

Dentafrice

Put big bold block white letters saying like TBI with Transportation Bureau of Investigation.

It's not pretending to be any official law enforcement, and I'm sure someone would shoot at a repo man before they would a TBI officer ;)

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I just don't get it ... are you going to wrap his vehicle? if so, why not just go with more subtle overtones than to make it look like a hispanic death metal band's banner. I get that he liked it ... but it's your job as the designer to impress him with your design skills and prove to him you know what looks good. That doesn't look good, sorry not my opinion ... it's design 101. you have schizophrenic lettering, muddy background elements and colors and as a whole is un-readable. illegible is one thing ... unreadable is the other.

Mikeifg

REALLY! Who's going to call the number on the side of a truck that is not supposed to look like a tow truck? How about DUFUS instead.