• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In Honor of DD 4 20

WildWestDesigns

Although I hope my 3 year old thinks the way you do you are comparing apples and oranges. Water intoxication is a real thing, it is over hydration. We had a incident a few years ago with a radio contest. There has NEVER to my knowledge been a marijuana overdose causing death.

Contests and athletes are the ones in "harms way" for this more then any other demographic.

This isn't a common scenario either. What typically happens is that someone is so far gone from being in control of their body that something happens. Whenever you do anything to the extreme that you are no longer in control of your body there is a danger. I had one relative that was a heavy drinker all his life and died of unrelated causes when he was 95, genes plays a role, some can handle more then others.

I just don't get what causes people to go to the extreme that they don't want to be in control of their body. There must just be something horrible in their life. I just don't get it.

And that other statistic I saw in here about DUI deaths is either freakishly high or more likely there was more than just marijuana in their system. IE the dead guy was x3 drunk, had prescription drugs and oh yeah marijuana.

Statistical without knowing the origins of how they were determined are sketchy at best.

I'm not pro weed guy (obviously I'm up @ 7:30am on a Sat) far from it but weed is FAR FAR less harmful than alcohol or texting on a cell phone.

You know, I would have considered water even less harmful then any of those and yet we can still OD off of that. Go figure.

It is not "good for you" in general. A lifetime of puffing is very harmful to the lungs. Even that statistic is usually out of wack though. They compare it to ciggarettes, most will never smoke the equivalent to a pack a day. More like 1/20th or less.

Better hope that puffer doesn't have a genetic defect. Puffing on those recreational chemicals can cause issues for you.

Even then, you have look at it on an individual bases. What one person can get away with with regard to consumption might not be the same as the next person.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
the fact that it may be harmful to you has no bearing on the discussion what so ever, there are many things legal that are harmful to you, yet we tolerate them. any educated person can read history and see the real reason marijuana was made illegal and see that it was bogus. America is so paranoid about marijuana that even Hemp is illegal, which is a travesty as you can't even get high if you smoked a truck load of it and it has so many uses that we are just retarded for living without hemp.

when i was a drunk, i liked to break things, when i get high, i love to create things....

~ whatever ~

WildWestDesigns

the fact that it may be harmful to you has no bearing on the discussion what so ever, there are many things legal that are harmful to you, yet we tolerate them. any educated person can read history and see the real reason marijuana was made illegal and see that it was bogus. America is so paranoid about marijuana that even Hemp is illegal, which is a travesty as you can't even get high if you smoked a truck load of it and it has so many uses that we are just retarded for living without hemp.

when i was a drunk, i liked to break things, when i get high, i love to create things....

~ whatever ~

Hey, make it legal, slap a "sin tax" on it (depending on application) and be done with it. I don't have a problem with that.

Now if they ever take DMSO totally off the market, then I'll be really unhappy. That has a lot of good medical benefits and for animals still does. For the junkies, it has some other benefits as well.

jnataros

Do you guys have as many hippies/hipsters/stoners/hippies in your cities as we do?

There's an annual tradition on 4.20 that everyone gathers around our legislative building and sits around and smokes all day long. And the cops just sit around and watch. Pretty funny actually....I wonder if this is tolerated anywhere else.

Its the same way here in Austin, TX

Sticky Signs

It would be impossible to OD on weed. You would either fall asleep long before you reach the point of OD or you would just get so high that you would forget what you're doing.

Bly

Wow good to see so many stoners over there.
I guess it's part of your culture from the top down.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bush_bong.jpg
    bush_bong.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 116