• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In illustrator ...Can't see the strokes !?!

Zazzess

Hi !

I don't know why I can't see the strokes or colored line and handles that surrounds the forms I do in Ai ... Ain't easy to work with at all ...

Anyone has a clue... whats happening ??

:U Rock:

Zazzess

Well there is something more...

I can't select two shapes and aline them together !?!

Why did I do ?? Any clue ?

:U Rock:

Bill Modzel

Are you selecting the total shape with the solid or the hollow+ arrow or are you
using the hollow selection arrow and only selecting a portion of the shape?

Zazzess

Are you selecting the total shape with the solid or the hollow+ arrow or are you
using the hollow selection arrow and only selecting a portion of the shape?

Ah ok !! I have to select the shapes borders so it can be selected... Not always been like that ... Is there a problem ??

petepaz

are you using CS5 because i had a similar issue. selected the 2 objects but it didn't align them correctly. it was like there was an other object selected and they were not aligning to each other. still not sure what caused it but when i restarted the program and tried again it worked. i have had that happen 2 or 3 times so if someone has the answer for that one i would be interested also

Zazzess

are you using CS5 because i had a similar issue. selected the 2 objects but it didn't align them correctly. it was like there was an other object selected and they were not aligning to each other. still not sure what caused it but when i restarted the program and tried again it worked. i have had that happen 2 or 3 times so if someone has the answer for that one i would be interested also

:goodpost: That's interesting ! I hope it don't happen to me :)
what happens to me is that I have to select the edges of the shapes or it wont be selected I can't select just the shape itself :help I haven't seen that before...

Last edited:

Bill Modzel

There are three selection arrows, which are you using?
Also, check view>show bounding box. I personally hate bounding boxes
but most people use them.

Zazzess

There are three selection arrows, which are you using?
Also, check view>show bounding box. I personally hate bounding boxes
but most people use them.

I use the black one or white one depending if I want to edit it or not ( ''v'' shortcut or ''a'')