• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In Need for help with my colorcamm pc-600

floater302

I just purchased a colorcamm Pc-600 with a new head, and when i recieved itl and tried to do a self print test it goes all the way to moving the vinyl forward and backwards, it sounds an alarm with all the cartridge lights lit up and the busy light lit too, the guy said it worked when he shipped it...anyone have any solutions on what it could be?

401Graphics

I had one of those. I got it for free cuz it wouldnt power on. Just ended up being a loose cable inside. Sold it for about 1,600.
That thing printed soooooo slow! and you would get about 6 sq ft of printing before it would run out of ribbon. I dont know why anybody would buy one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKnmde_3Aw

Anyways. good luck with it.

floater302

Yes, i realigned the head to the cartridge, everything on it runs good until i try to do i self test or to print on it. I but it to do small jobs on it for now. i payed 1500.00 for this on with new head and alot of ribbons, the guys said he used it right before he boxed it to ship to me. but i couldnt find anything online like a sevice manual for it.

woolly

Don't know if its the same for the pc600 but on a 60 that sequence says it's missing a colour that it wants to use.
All the carts are bar coded

floater302

the colors i have in it right now is as followed:Yellow, Black, magenta and cyan. Those should be the four default colors correct?

woolly

As time goes by and you get used to it you will be using different spot ribbons in odd carts to print what you want

floater302

ok, another question..lol i had it printing and when it tried to choose a different cartridge it keeped taking it then putting it back then stopped and beeped...why is it doing this?

Sign Works

ok, another question..lol i had it printing and when it tried to choose a different cartridge it keeped taking it then putting it back then stopped and beeped...why is it doing this?

Sounds like you may have the wrong cartridges and or bar codes, my experience is that anything other than genuine Roland carts are nothing but trouble. Make sure your process carts are CR-MR2 carts specifically for the 600.

By the way, shipping is one of the worst things that can happen to a PC-600, shippers are way too brutal for how sensitive these machines can be. Other than that if you do not properly clean the print head immediatly after each print session you run the risk of destroying the print head.

Good luck.

floater302

I know shipping anything like this is a chance, but he did ship it in the original box like it came to him. i just need to learn about these printers. i have a summa pro d750 cutter and that was the best money i spent so far.

signmack

Yes, i realigned the head to the cartridge, everything on it runs good until i try to do i self test or to print on it. I but it to do small jobs on it for now. i payed 1500.00 for this on with new head and alot of ribbons, the guys said he used it right before he boxed it to ship to me. but i couldnt find anything online like a sevice manual for it.
www.rolanddga.com has a user's manual for the PC600 on pdf