• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In need of Bucket Truck

Happyprinter

Does anyone know of a dealer for used material handling bucket trucks located in or around Las Vegas or somewhere in California? We have only been able to locate dealers in Texas so far.

i know of multiple in Oregon...which doesnt help you. however you might want to look for equipment auctions, surplus equipment sales, etc. there are some liabilities in certain locations with selling used hydraulic lift equipment as many states require them to be certified and with the instpection and repairs needed can make them very unsellable in certain markets...such as california

StarSign

There was a dealer in LV around Craig and the I15 can't remember the name. There used to also be a dealer of some sort in Ogden UT

OlsonSigns601

www.JJKane.com

The people that sell Bucket Trucks buy them here and mark them up 400% or more.

The one in my town sells to the public, not sure about the others but might be worth a look. You can buy online and the next auction is July 21st.

I'm sure their staff there would help you out but if you want let me know if anything meets your fancy and I'll snap some pictures when they preview them.

The bucket van we bought was one of the best investments we've made.

visual800

screw a dealer get it on ebay! they are less expensive for sure. there are a couple of guys on ebay that refurb the old trucks, just gotta poke thru them. We got ours on ebay

d fleming

Mine is a ford f600 with a 37' height. Small truck really but it does all that I want it to do. If bigger is needed I have friends with larger trucks and cranes. I paid 3400 off of CL and drove it home across the state.

Attachments

• bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 90

Signsforwhile

craigslist and ebay. scour them! it almost grew into an obsession and habit so bad that even after we found ours (after 3 months of looking) i would still wake up in the morning and first thing i'd check is c/l and ebay for any new listings!

View attachment 77660

visual800

i got an 92 f450 35' $5000 on ebay from a sign company in huntsville that went bust. it appeared to be one of those at&t trucks on ebay that was once refurbed, new paint, stainless steel rims.

all i had to do was 2 new batteries, replaced all glow plugs and have a new injector pump put on it, it runs great but that sucker loves the fuel when its moving on the road. i direct wired the boom to operate with holding down the safety switch cause that was a hassle when trying to hold 2 toggles and hold material...it has changed my life drastically! i dont work it much but its there if I need it

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 70

Happyprinter

Thanks for all your suggestions. They helped tremendously. We purchased a 90 international w/ a 40" Altec bucket for $9,000.00. After looking at a lot of different places, this truck fit the bill for us. Will post photos when we get it here in a few days. Again, Thank you

FS-Keith

thats a lot of truck for such a small reach. Hope it has had lots of up to date maintenance. good look hope it makes you lots of money

401Graphics

I got a old verizon bucket truck (97 ford f450 with a altec 35 foot boom). I asked my friend who works at a used dealership to look for one next time hes at the auction. And I bought it off him for $3500. I try to rent it out whenever im not using it for signs. It definitely paid for itself.

Attachments

• 319583_231105016956405_543780322_n.jpg
    319583_231105016956405_543780322_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 87
congrats! you have to try hard to NOT make money with a bucket truck. Some of the things I've made the best money doing as boring as it sounds (and is) .. is changing out lights in parking lots, selling annual service contracts for electrical signs (come by once a year, pressure wash, check and replace components, collect your cash and have them sign another annual contract). And of course offering your services to the hundreds if not thousands of sign companies who don't have one.

I know a guy in a major metropolitan area who works for 2 months a year putting up christmas lights and taking them down...the rest of the year he lives aboard his 44' sailboat in florida...Thanksgiving he drives north with his bucket truck and puts up christmas lights, holiday decorations, etc for home owners and businesses and makes a very good living.

There are many other ways to make money with a bucket truck but that is about the most unique i personally have heard of and hey I'm an honest guy...I'm a little jealous, I'd love to work 2 months a year and layout in the sun the rest of the year.

FatCat

I realize this is a pretty broad question, but how bad does owning a bucket truck affect your insurance? (per year?) I've thought about getting one, don't do a lot of high up work, and can hire one in as needed. Still, the thought has crossed my mind for the potential.... :)

allamericantrade

aside of the truck insurance wich costs me about 1600/year. I have a mill policy for installing signs that costs about 4,000 / year. total cost for a small shop insuring correctly is costing me about 5,500. The truck goes out 5x a year and that cost is paid. The rest of the year is gravy.