• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Indian

Marco

View attachment Indian Delight2.bmp
Hi all, just wanted to share pictures and file from the most recent project. You have seen Greek, now I bring you Indian. For this one I designed the sign, a logo, and window graphics. I pretty much ran with it, no input from the owner, he just said make my sign, lol. I will show a more recent pic soon. Took awhile to go thru Landmarks, but in the end it came together nicely. Please comment/input is requested. Thanks all.

Fitch

It works. That's what a sign is supposed to do.

Excellent design, layout and execution.

Pump out that chest.

Cheers - G

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Indian? Tomahawk or turban? This doesn't look like either.

Worse, it's a textbook example of dubious typography. Bending and distorting Roman, especially upper and lower case Roman, is generally Not A Good Idea. Even worse when the characters used have descenders. It's usually indicative of an amateur laboring at full capacity.

There are lots of times when you can get away with it, but this isn't one of them.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i like the idea, but the flame fill, type style and arching of the type is just not doing anything....nothing on it says "indian", whether feather or dot, to me...

Shovelhead

:signs101:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 77

Ponto

Worse, it's a textbook example of dubious typography. Bending and distorting Roman, especially upper and lower case Roman, is generally Not A Good Idea. Even worse when the characters used have descenders. It's usually indicative of an amateur laboring at full capacity.

There are lots of times when you can get away with it, but this isn't one of them.

...brutally frank but, yeah, he's pretty much spot on....

JP

Flame

Honestly you slapped a poor design on a good sign. Sign says absolutely nothing for the business, looks like it was designed in microsoft word.

Great sign construction though, love backlits that are ANYTHING other than a rectangle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Setting the design specs aside for a moment.....

Is that plate doubled up on the inside wall ??

I can't tell the thickness of the tube coming out, but don't see any guy wires or other supports and only figuring that you are in a windy part of the state..... it looks like a possible codes violation.

Did your codes pass that installation without any extra support ??

Marlene

Great sign construction though, love backlits that are ANYTHING other than a rectangle.

me too. nice round sign. I do like how you have a border that goes around and breaks for the word restaurant. the rest of the sign, I'm not likeing so much. if this was a BBQ style restaurant it would work. when people think Indian food, I'm not so sure they think flames as that is more of a BBQ thing.

when you are looking for inpsiration or just need a clue as to what style works with what, go to www.bing.com type in something like "Indian restaurant logos and then click on images. it will give you the chance to see what has been done to convey the message by others.

Marco

You guys are awesome. Thank you for your honest criticism, it really does help for someone just getting started. Keep em coming. I will post a recent pic soon.

Marco

Response 1

Not a Tomahawk or Turban but from India the Country near the Middle East.

OldPaint

iam with bob on this. i looked at it before anyone else posted, but i shut my mouth and stopped my fingers from typing anything bad about what you call a LOGO. THIS IS NOT!!!!
i wish those who....dont know what the terminology MEANS.........would stop using them, for what they think it means.
1. INDIAN....... would have been more correct if you just said INDIA.
2. FLAME BACKGROUND.........tells me BAR-B-QUE/STEAKS got nothing to do with INDIA food.
3.for a background did you even consider a INDIA TYPE ART? did you even look here?
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC0QsAQwAA
4. TEXT................i have complained about the novice and the idea of lower case text on a sign...........i dont know how many times. LOWER CASE has its place on letters, business cards, flyers. a storefront sign,
is THERE DO DO WHAT? GET NOTICED!!!!!! what simpler way to do this...is UPPER CASE LETTERS.
you aint writin a letter...... ..its a SIGN!!!!
5. CIRCLE IS GOOD))))) lower case text on a curve NOT!!!! if it was all UPPER CASE..........did you even look at that?
6. shovel is right..........find or draw a font.........that fits the name!!!

Last edited:

Marco

western indian yes but not this one

:signs101:
PLZ. not this type of western Indian. ty. ;-)

Marco

Setting the design specs aside for a moment.....

Is that plate doubled up on the inside wall ??

I can't tell the thickness of the tube coming out, but don't see any guy wires or other supports and only figuring that you are in a windy part of the state..... it looks like a possible codes violation.

Did your codes pass that installation without any extra support ??

This pupp just looks heavy but there is one thing western about it, is light as a feather. ;-) I'll discuss it with the structural engineer, guy wires are always good. TY, awesome observation/recommendation.

Marco

me too. nice round sign. I do like how you have a border that goes around and breaks for the word restaurant. the rest of the sign, I'm not likeing so much. if this was a BBQ style restaurant it would work. when people think Indian food, I'm not so sure they think flames as that is more of a BBQ thing.

when you are looking for inpsiration or just need a clue as to what style works with what, go to www.bing.com type in something like "Indian restaurant logos and then click on images. it will give you the chance to see what has been done to convey the message by others.

LOL. I know u are wondering why? is he lol. Ok ok I will tell you. I designed it the way I tasted it. These guys cook with chilis; their spices are hot, their gravy is hot, and even some desserts are hot. Well, couldn't have done it without the flaming background.