• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Indian

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
LOL. I know u are wondering why? is he lol. Ok ok I will tell you. I designed it the way I tasted it. These guys cook with chilis; their spices are hot, their gravy is hot, and even some desserts are hot. Well, couldn't have done it without the flaming background.

Spicy food is a mainstay and a tradition of virtually all cultures on the planet's entire equatorial belt. It has to do with lack of refrigeration except for the last handful of years. For thousands of years the only way to marginally preserve food and/or make putrid food palatable was to spice the hell out of it.

Ergo, the flames are gratuitous in this context and, as everyone has noted, generally signifies not near and middle eastern cuisine but BBQ. Generally meaning bad food and attendant rednecks who somehow think it's actually edible. Bloodhounds and scantily clad rural babes optional.

Marco

6 more. yikes. school is in.

iam with bob on this. i looked at it before anyone else posted, but i shut my mouth and stopped my fingers from typing anything bad about what you call a LOGO. THIS IS NOT!!!!
i wish those who....dont know what the terminology MEANS.........would stop using them, for what they think it means.
1. INDIAN....... would have been more correct if you just said INDIA.
2. FLAME BACKGROUND.........tells me BAR-B-QUE/STEAKS got nothing to do with INDIA food.
3.for a background did you even consider a INDIA TYPE ART? did you even look here?
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CC0QsAQwAA
4. TEXT................i have complained about the novice and the idea of lower case text on a sign...........i dont know how many times. LOWER CASE has its place on letters, business cards, flyers. a storefront sign,
is THERE DO DO WHAT? GET NOTICED!!!!!! what simpler way to do this...is UPPER CASE LETTERS.
you aint writin a letter...... ..its a SIGN!!!!
5. CIRCLE IS GOOD))))) lower case text on a curve NOT!!!! if it was all UPPER CASE..........did you even look at that?
6. shovel is right..........find or draw a font.........that fits the name!!!

Disagree with most of the above, but cheech, do I need to answer every 6. Maybe there are some answers to your questions on some other section of this thread. You are right, I did consider other backgrounds. 'Indian Delight' is their business name, u go tell them Indians to change it. ;-)

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
couldn't have done it without the flaming background.

but like said before, flames make a person think bbq, not spicy indian food....it's your job as the designer to make the sign both appealing and fitting to what the restaurant does/makes/cooks.....yes, maybe you've hit on the idea that their food is hot/spicy.... but a prospective customer for the restaurant, looking at the sign, isn't going to think indian cuisine....they're gonna think bbq...

this is most easily demonstrated by the fact that none of us here (us sign makers) couldn't tell what type of "indian" restaurant this was....overall, you haven't captured the essence of the business....which is your job as their designer....

FAIL!

edit
'Indian Delight' is their business name, u go tell them Indians to change it
and you have not captured any aspect of that in your design

OldPaint

Disagree with most of the above, but cheech, do I need to answer every 6. Maybe there are some answers to your questions on some other section of this thread. You are right, I did consider other backgrounds. 'Indian Delight' is their business name, u go tell them Indians to change it. ;-)
iam glad you DISAGREE, just show the level of what you think of your design skills, and tells me ..........you know it all. iam happy for your delusional thinking.
now as for them using the name INDIAN, it is your job as a designer/sign person, to ENLIGHTEN THEM..............that INDIA DELIGHT.......... would be more INFORMATIONAL to the people walking by the sign.
if they was here in florida, we got Miccosukee, Seminole, Creeks, Cheeokee, and many more, here. so a tomahawk would work.

Marco

al finale

Thank you all for your highly appreciated criticism. Lots of love, peace, and sunshine.

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
oohhhh...i see now....we have to prove ourselves to you....sorry doesn't work that way....i'm confident in my capabilities and ten years experience to know how to create a sign that would both please MY customer and also inform the public of what their business does.....you obviously do not have this yet....keep working at it though....check out the member galleries...there's some great stuff in there....i know i've grown in my design skills just by looking at some of the stuff on here, let alone from getting help from the pros!