• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Industry Pricing Structures

dlndesign

I am looking for a good resource for industry pricing. We currently have the SignCraft Pricing Guide. But we are looking for something more in depth. Does anyone have a good source? Thanks.

Letterbox Mike

It's going to be tough to find a single fits all price guide as you request. The best out there is probably the signcraft one but it's not really worth anything. The problem with price guides like this is they cannot account for your overhead, workflow and level of efficiency.

Truly accurate pricing will vary wildly depending on those factors. My fixed overhead may be $25k per month, and that has to be accounted for in my pricing. Your fixed overhead may only be $3k per month, so a price guide geared for one or the other is not going to work for all scenarios. Throw in how you produce things and the rate of efficiency at which you do so will even more change things. Again, I may be able to produce a 4'x8' banner in 11 minutes, but that same banner may take you 68 minutes. That's going to change the prices.

The cost at which you buy raw materials will also vary, as will countless other factors.

What I'd recommend you do is buy a good pricing program, accurately configure it to meet your business's needs, and then create a custom printable price guide from the prices the program helps you determine. I recommend GraphixCalc, it's extremely easy to set up to your specific business and it will give you dead accurate prices every time.

Remember, pricing is not an art, it's not a commodity, and it's not something you can get out of a book or off of a shelf. It's a science, and to keep yourself in business, you need to master it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred thanks, but I am looking for more of a book or pdf to refrence not a program.

I think that you will only find a book created by you using a program or a lot of hand calculation to be both accurate and practical. There are simply too many variables to find what you seek in a pricing guide designed for many to use.

dlndesign

I know my overhead and my level of effeciency. Basically I'd just like to know what others are charging for the same banner/sign/carwrap. Just so i can plug in my overhead cost structure into it and see where I am industry-wide. I dont even know if that exists but if it does its what I am looking for.

thmooch

There is alot of good information here to help you with your pricing. No book will tell you an exact price which will get you the job and make money in your area. Use the search feature and read, read, read. I use Estimate, which is one of Freds suggestions, but it does take time to input the variables. If you don't know where you should be then shop the competition in your area to get a general Idea on standard products.

Believe me, I feel your pain. Pricing without knowing all your variables can be tough and frustrating.

Estimate has a free Hourly Rate Calculator you should check out...

J

john1

Materials with mark up + your labor and design time works well also