• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Information Needed.............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Daktronincs has already been in touch with me and we hammered out quite a few details to boot. Something which took four years to fester, looks as if it will soon be healed.

I will indeed, give a full report as to how this situation pans out.

They are trying and although I know many of you might've had a bad taste in your mouth with them, I can assure you, they told me they will try to remedy this in full.
Please allow me to find out if we can solve this matter without any further bad-mouthing. If we can fix this matter, then perhaps we can slowly move forward and get everyone on the same page here and see how to get things accomplished while re-establishing some old relationships.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Interesting thread. The previous company I was with used a LOT of Daktronics EMC's and I never heard of any issues with the product or support. We had a great rep. Hopefully they take care of you Gino.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I think we can put this one to rest.

Daktronics had scheduled to come to the guy’s place this past Wednesday, but for some reason, that fell through. However, they did get there Friday. The tech had reported in and said he found the problem, which none seemed to be user error. I’m not quite sure what all was wrong, but was guaranteed it would all be fixed by the end of the day. Needless to say, my customer does not trust me, so I haven’t contacted him, but I will find out Monday for sure if all’s well with his LED portion.

I hope I’m not jumping the gun, but I would like to take this moment to express my renewed faith in Daktronics for finally fixing this person’s problems and honoring the original warranty and not charging him a single dime for your efforts.

Should any bad-mouthing of Daktronics be needed on someone else’s behalf, please take it up in your own thread, because this thread has served its purpose and I tried doing it without calling Daktronics out and running a smear campaign. It worked. They honored their word and did as required.

:toasting:This could be a lesson for the future with all the many threads in the past starting out….. calling out vendors or manufacturers for whatever reason and not trying to settle YOUR customer’s problems sensibly.

:thankyou: Gino

skyhigh

this thread has served its purpose.......

This could be a lesson for the future with all the many threads in the past starting out….. calling out vendors or manufacturers for whatever reason and not trying to settle YOUR customer’s problems sensibly.

I'm just curious how Taylor Neilson found his (her) way to this thread in such a timely fashion? Did you email Dak inc. a link to this thread?

A lesson for any future persuasive techniques.......
Post in one of the premium sections, so they have to BUY a membership to read what you wrote, and enable them to reply. :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm just curious how Taylor Neilson found his (her-not) way to this thread in such a timely fashion? Did you email Dak inc. a link to this thread?

A lesson for any future persuasive techniques.......
Post in one of the premium sections, so they have to BUY a membership to read what you wrote, and enable them to reply. :ROFLMAO:

I asked that very question. They, like just about every other company... in or out of the sign community, do have people watching all kinds of forums and other forms of advertisements and discussions on the internet, among other places. I don't know if it's damage control or what, but it's to prevent something like this..... from getting out of hand or control.

One of the reasons I believe I was helped, unlike so many others where they just bash the livin' daylights out of someone with no real proof, other than being momentarily p!ssed off.

Come to a place like this civilly…. address your problem and wait for a response will probably get you taken care of after you present your case in full. There were grey areas in my predicament, but Daktronics saw fit to solve the problem and clear the air.
As for doing this in the ‘Premium’ vs. Open Forums…. I thought it might be seen faster, if at all, placed where more people can see it. If Daktronics sees a need to join, they can address that on their own time. I’m not a :signs101:salesman, although I have gotten a few Merchant Members to join here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, we now have a new and improved different ending.

Daktronics did find some faulty equipment on their end the first time around. After fixing the faulty parts..... Mario still was experiencing problems later the same day they fixed it and more problem the next day. They did some trouble-shooting and continued to find another problem.... a bad comport. I don't understand how that could be the problem, but they gave Mario a choice of replacing the comport or get a whole new computer, which at this time.... I don't think Mario has done either.

So, as it stands, Daktronics has closed the book on it and has now considered it a done deal.

I'll be following up by talking to Mario probably on Monday and finding out if he is indeed satisfied with their findings.

Talk to y'all later on any findings................ :rock-n-roll: