• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Drop Volumes

Joop

Hey gang,
What are default Ink Drop Volumes on my Valuejet 1604? How can I find that out? I am trying to use Wasatch's new cost estimator here...

bbeens

I have been waiting for these threads to start. Maybe our friendly Mutoh's contacts will throw a bone to our mutual customers. If not, you could weight your cartridge as full, then print an exact print of x number of inches. Multiply the area by the print resolution (i.e. 1440x1440 times 1" x 1" would equal 2,073,600 drops. Then measure how much weight was lost and divide.) - Note, this would only work for a fixed dot mode. Variable dot mode I would recommend getting the data from Mutoh if possible.

Good luck. As we obtain new droplet size data we will be updating our drivers to reflect accurate default drop size.

Bryan

Joop

Why have you been waiting? Are you using the wasatch cost estimator also?
I actually didn't think of contacting Mutoh directly on this issue, I will now that you brought it up.

And when you say "as WE obtain new droplet size data..." who is we? It sounds like you work for one of these big companies! Just curious.

randya

Droplet size data is considered proprietary by Mutoh/Epson for the ValueJets.

I have been working to get this data released as public information, so far unsuccessfully.

Joop

Oh wow... Well I guess I won't be using the cost estimator. I wonder if wasatch knows this? haha

randya

Actually we at Mutoh, have already that information given to Wasatch, but they cannot make it public as of yet, due to the proprietary nature of that data.

Joop

Hmm, I see a conflict of interest here.

To try it out I just entered the values that the "Demo video" had on the wasatch website. Dunno if it is accurate, but the tool sure is cool!

Make sure you two let the public know when the data is available!

Thanks for the input guys.