• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Issue ! Switched to STS

autoexebat

I took the plunge and switched to STS inks after being with Jetbest for years , I put in the Magenta cartridge and I have Yellow printing and not Magenta ... I lost hundreds of $ today because of this . Does anyone know what can be wrong ?? I've never had this issue since owning the printer ...

I did a test print , The Magenta line is 100% dead , not even a spec ....

autoexebat

Yeah I was told to do a normal cleaning after going from JetBest to STS . I managed to get some of it working after pulling it from the cap-top .

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Except OEM to Jetbest, I would always empty the ink line with a syringe. Then insert Jetbest and perform couple strong cleans or ink fill. Always make sure the damper and Cap top are within 1 year and are OEM.

We have Jetbest, OEM parts on our website. www.premiercolour.com or give us a call 714-668-9200 for more information.

autoexebat

I never had to run a single cleaning with JetBest , I had one issue where I had a magenta cartridge on my shelf for 2 months as I didn't needs it , it exploded and ink was everywhere . I called JetBest support , emailed a few pictures and they basically told me to jump in a lake and said they could do nothing to help me . So I switched to STS . customer support is supposed to be key to business .

Magenta has failed again , Test print shows zero Magenta .

Last edited:

FatCat

You were a happy Jetbest user, you said a magenta cartridge exploded and made a mess and Jetbest wouldn't replace the cartridge, so you decided to switch to STS because of that? I can only imagine a cartridge would explode if exposed to a rapid change in temperature, or perhaps it was sitting next to a heat source? If there was something faulty how did it sit on the shelf for 2 months without issue? I would imagine you would get the same answer from most of the OEM suppliers as well with that scenario, but I digress...

If you need help diagnosing your printer problem, lets start with the basics please - what model printer, how old, when is the last time you changed the cap top or maintenance station and/or dampers? The lack of magenta may not be an issue with the ink itself but with the more common scenario of a faulty component as I just mentioned.... Please post back with your answers.

autoexebat

The reason it sat on the shelf for 2 months is because I ordered it twice and forgot about it . I don't print as much as most people so my inks last for a while . I wasn't even asking them to replace it , I just asked what can be done and they said nothing can be done ( sorry ) . There isn't a rapid temperature increase or decrease in my house . All other inks have been fine throughout the years.

Printer is a VS-300i , 2013 .
I ran a test print and everything is perfect but the magenta row shows nothing. I removed the drain bottle and pulled 3 full syringes of ink through the head . and have done a few normal cleanings .

Everything is 100% perfect until I switched to the STS inks .

ProPDF

Your only option is push solvent solution through the M head channel and if that doesn't work just buy a new head, dampers, wiper and cap top.

Another last resort to clear channels without taking anything apart is get some bone dry empty cartridges and stick them in every slot but the clogged channel color. Stick the full cleaning solution cartridge in the clogged channel cartridge slot/s. Go to your cap top tube and suck baby suck. This method is really last resort but it isolates all the channels down to the clogged one forcing maximum suction on just that clogged channel. This was the biggest design flaw in that head with a single cap setup. When things get clogged they just pull more from the unclogged channel. This is why the newer rolands and epson machines have segregated caps per channel now like the old soljet machines.

Don't ever mix aftermarket inks ever no matter what anyone tells you. If you do mix aftermarket inks you always do a clear flush of 1st aftermarket ink supplier followed by a clear flush of second aftermarket ink supplier you want to switch to then change everything that touches ink on that second flush to new parts. Like new wiper, dampers, cap top ect. If not you will cross contaminate and even if you bypass or get your current magenta unplugged today you will get more problems quickly down the road. Two different aftermarket ink brands are like trying to mix water and oil.

I know that sounds like a lot but you are going to pay for it one way or another with lost time, money and a print head not to mention pissed off customers if you are flying solo with one machine.

autoexebat

Thanks for the info , I hope I don't need a new head as I replaced MIne 6 months ago . If I do a head soak for a little big I get magenta back for a while. then after an hour or so I do a test print and its gone again . so somehow it's working part time .. Not sure what's going on yet .. Maybe I need to pull more and more though the captop .Pushing though a M channel , its a DX7 head so I can't see how to push any type of ink anywhere ..

Last edited:

FatCat

Being a 2013 model, it's doubtful its a DX7, should be a DX5 or possibly a DX6 - but regardless pretty much same build other than performance...

You should be able to pull off the damper and attach a syringe with cleaning fluid directly to the magenta channels -- BUT, I would strongly advise doing a few head soaks first before doing the flush. Use a regular coffee filter, cut it slightly larger than your capping station, lay it on the cap, soak it with solvent and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes. Remove, run a cleaning cycle... If you start getting nozzles back, repeat the process again and again...as long as you're getting nozzles back stay on this path.

The danger of flushing the head with a syringe is that you can put too much pressure through the head and blow the seals. FWIW - when I've flushed DX5 heads, they won't "spray" like a DX4 - more like dribble, and if you are spraying you're using too much pressure. Again, I stress just push enough to make fluid dribble out, nothing more or you risk damaging your head.

autoexebat

Thanks ! Last night I did a head soak and so far 100% of the nozzles are back , Also before that I pull 5 of 6 tubes of ink from the head via capping station. Yes it is a ( DX6 ) head .

C5 Service&Repair

I never advise an end user to use a syringe for anything other than attaching it to the tubes on the captop and trying to pull ink through the cap.
Never, never try and push solution up through the head.
Pinch off the lines from the captop and fill the cap with the compatible solution for your inks and park the head and let it soak in that solution for a few hours. Then do a choke cleaning. Not a normal clean or a powerful clean. A choke clean.

As far as aftermaket ink goes...... Quit wasting your time and money and use OEM Roland ink. You have one printer and you say ink lasts you a while. The 'savings' you have in ink costs likely just went out the door dealing with this issue in downtime.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
The reason it sat on the shelf for 2 months is because I ordered it twice and forgot about it . I don't print as much as most people so my inks last for a while . I wasn't even asking them to replace it , I just asked what can be done and they said nothing can be done ( sorry ) . There isn't a rapid temperature increase or decrease in my house . All other inks have been fine throughout the years.

Printer is a VS-300i , 2013 .
I ran a test print and everything is perfect but the magenta row shows nothing. I removed the drain bottle and pulled 3 full syringes of ink through the head . and have done a few normal cleanings .

Everything is 100% perfect until I switched to the STS inks .

Hello Greg,

Someone will give you a call before end of day tomorrow (3/1/19). I can't let you have all the fun in the lake.

I am glad that Jetbest ink has been working well for you. There might be a miscommunication. You will be taken care of.

Francis

autoexebat

I feel I should update this post . Francis stood up to his word and took care of me today , somehow we just had a miscommunication before and it fell through the cracks .

On a side note , I feel I should mention that hours before I made this post I did send an email to STS inks about the issue . ( I never heard anything back )

Since I have now tested both inks , I can verify that Premiercolour is just the same if not better .

Thanks Francis , Keep my account open as I will be back to buying all of you inks once again .

P.S. STS Inks said they could beat your price , but after all said and done it was $25.00 more .

Conan

I recently tried STS inks. I have a Mimaki CJV-150. The first cartridge to be switched to STS was orange. Instantly started having problems with clogged nozzles. Ran more cleans then I ever have in the prior 2 years with my machine. Would get all nozzles back and within 5’ of printing would clog again. Switched back to OEM orange and the problem completely cleared up. Emailed STS customer service and they can’t even be bothered to respond.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I recently tried STS inks. I have a Mimaki CJV-150. The first cartridge to be switched to STS was orange. Instantly started having problems with clogged nozzles. Ran more cleans then I ever have in the prior 2 years with my machine. Would get all nozzles back and within 5’ of printing would clog again. Switched back to OEM orange and the problem completely cleared up. Emailed STS customer service and they can’t even be bothered to respond.

Give us a try and give review on your honest opinion. We are not just another online seller. We are technical, know what we sell, has been around for ten years. Most importly we pride ourself to be honest, good people.

Are you using Mimaku ss21 or es3? Because theae two inks have different color gamut. Jetbest ink will give you factory color. PM for more information.

https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...eco-solvent-ink-cartridge-for-mimaki-printers

Attachments

• 36010818-8056-41F5-967D-FFD4118FA131.jpeg
    36010818-8056-41F5-967D-FFD4118FA131.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 276

netsol

Premium Subscriber
does jetbest come as bulk ink as well as in cartridges?
almost done refurbing an sc545-ex
we run 3rd party bulk ink in our fj-52 trying to decide roland inks, or 3rd party in this one
ship ld i see much of a difference in fading with original inks?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
So
does jetbest come as bulk ink as well as in cartridges?
almost done refurbing an sc545-ex
we run 3rd party bulk ink in our fj-52 trying to decide roland inks, or 3rd party in this one
ship ld i see much of a difference in fading with original inks?

Jetbest ink is formulated to match Eco Sol max. I am not sure if it would work on dx2 FJ-52 but am sure about it will work excellent on SC545EX.

So many positive Jetbest ink reviews on signs101. No warranty remain with Roland. Save 50% on ink. There is no reason to ise Roland if it is a newer Roland with warranty I understand. You pay for warranty. Selling over 80 countries. Cant be that bad of ink.

How to use Jetbest bulk cartridge
Same for SC545EX. This is for VP300

Check out page
https://www.premiercolour.com/colle...-system-with-ink-for-roland-printers-6-colors

Questions
9-5 PST
Office 714-668-9200
Text. 949-209-7306
Sales@premiercolour.com

Daily cut off time to ship out of S California
5 PM