• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Not Original

randya

Well I finely received all the parts that I needed. I replaced heater junction board, heater control board,Ink board id assembly and motherboard that I had and also replaced ink cartridge. Replaced new cards supplied by Mutoh still all cartridge read ink not original. I don't know what else to replace or do.

Check the r45 cables, seems to me they run from the junction board to the heater and then the motherboard.

If they are switched at the heater, it should give a com error, but maybe....

novedist

I replaced the ink with new ones and they are original now. The new cards that mutoh sent only half of them worked. After installing them I am getting error 068 cr. The print head doesn't seem to release. I didn't do anything with that. Recheck all connections and there ok. The printer initializes and the head mover to the right slightly then errors.

novedist

I already tried that, the head is still held in the carriage. It moves to the right instead of the left.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It sounds like the CR Origin Sensor is unplugged. If the printer doesn't detect the print head tripping this sensor it will move to the right until it does, if the sensor never gets tripped it will hit into the side of the printer and display the error. If I remember correctly the CR Origin Sensor plugs into the Heater Junction Board.

novedist

I found out what happened, the encoder strip slipped behind the censer. I don't know what happened but I must have pulled it out without knowing.

novedist

Incoder strip

It just go's in a U shaped part. I pulled it down and let it go in the U then I cleaned the incoder strip.

Digiprint

hi, i have the exact same problem, but with a xerox 8264e, have tried changing all cards many times , but still get error. Are you saying that the cause of this is because the encoder strip slipped behind the sensor? i did notice an unusual sound behind the printhead a day before i got the kymc not original error.