• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Problem

copythat

I was out Tuesday with my baby for her fourth birthday. I took her to Rye Playland & we both had a ball. My guys had a problem with our 1204. It would only print in black & white. Service told my guy to replace all ink cartidges. I was extremely mad to say the least about replacing all of them. Has anyone had this problem before? Tech said that ink's migrated & contaminated all the cartidges. Ever hear of that? I know on a printing press that is capable of happening when you use a common blanket. Be all four have their own lines, so where & how did they mix.

Thanks in advance

"Keep SIgning Up"

Last edited:

ahollow

Does the 1204 have 2 heads, black and CMY? If so, the ink can migrate up if the sponge touches the head, but it usually never gets to the damper, let alone the carts.

3 to 4 powerful cleans have always solved the problem for me (38 Jr.)

BTW, I didn't know they could print black & white. j/k

Arstron

There is one head on the 1204, however like ahollow said, a couple of cleans or one "little charge" should take care of the problem. IF by some chance the ink had migrated back into the cartridges, a full head wash would be needed, however that would be very unlikely from what I can tell.

Its been so long since I have had my printer all together, I cant remember, but I think you can see the ink lines with the cover raised. If so, you can look at the lines and tell if they are all black, or cmyk, or clear. Did switching out the carts. fix the problem?

randya

There is one head on the 1204, however like ahollow said, a couple of cleans or one "little charge" should take care of the problem. IF by some chance the ink had migrated back into the cartridges, a full head wash would be needed, however that would be very unlikely from what I can tell.

Its been so long since I have had my printer all together, I cant remember, but I think you can see the ink lines with the cover raised. If so, you can look at the lines and tell if they are all black, or cmyk, or clear. Did switching out the carts. fix the problem?

You can easily see the ink lines with the cover open...

All black sounds pretty odd..