• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink ran out, now cyan not printing at all...

ocean502

Hello
My cyan ink ran out and after replacing with new cartridge, pouring cleaning solution into cap tops, several heavy and medium cleanings and soaking head with swab it stopped printing completely. Help! I have a Roland sp-540v

Attachments

• test print1.jpg
    test print1.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 147

63Comet

soak the cap and see if its hose is clogged.. just had to unclog one in our roland. The hose sits low and pools inside... design flaw if you ask me.

Soak the pad pull the hose and squeeze form the top to the bottom when you stop seeing bubbles that's where the clog needs worked out. after you get fluid passing through the hose do a powerful clean on the specific head group.

Ragnabrok

pull with a syringe, listen for a hiss, or lack of vacuum. If it isn't sealing somewhere, running cleanings won't improve anything.

ocean502

soak the cap and see if its hose is clogged.. just had to unclog one in our roland. The hose sits low and pools inside... design flaw if you ask me.

Soak the pad pull the hose and squeeze form the top to the bottom when you stop seeing bubbles that's where the clog needs worked out. after you get fluid passing through the hose do a powerful clean on the specific head group.

I pulled cap top out and poured solution in top and it came out the bottom? I pulled all little hoses out and ran fluid thru. Still no cyan..

player

The guy in the video means well, but as he states he is a truck driver and bought the printer used. I would not follow what he says or did. His situation was different than yours, he should have done a head soak.

Powerful cleanings really suck back the ink. I almost never do them.

Never scrub the head. You can embed particles into the jets that will never dislodge. The nozzles are very delicate and can be deformed causing permanent deflections.

You have to watch out with pulling on the heads with a syringe. It is easy to pop a thin membrane in the head which ruins it.

Glad you got it going.

player

For your situation I would have checked the damper to see if there was ink in the damper and the ink line by the damper. If there wasn't, I would have pinched the red/yellow damper and done a few regular cleanings until the ink came back up the line and into the damper and the print head. By blocking off the other head you save the ink, although it would not be a deal breaker if you did not do that step...

I also would consider pulling with a syringe, but very slowly and with very little pressure to prevent the membrane from being damaged inside the DX4 head.

Someone who is not afraid of cracking the carburetor might remove the damper, syringe the ink into the damper from the manifold opening on the damper. When the damper is full of ink, put it back on the head. For me too risky with cracking the carburetor and dribbling ink on the head board.