• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inktec Inks - Problems

billywifta

Does anyone else run Inktec?
We changed two months ago and all was good to start with.
However there has been a significant deterioration in the heads. Inktec have admitted to a problem with the magenta and black inks, they have sent new inks and want me to wait and see if theres an improvement with the heads over the next few weeks.
I personally think the damage has been done. We had pretty much a perfect head test when we switched, we now have deflection on every head, the worst being the black.

Robert M

Those heads

You will need to pull the dampers and flush cleaning solution through them. Problems like that do not tend to fix themselves

billywifta

Pete.......only been running them for 2 months so nowhere near enough the cost of 6 heads!! Live and learn.

Cleaning the dampers.....will this clear any deflections? i dont see how.

i figured that by moving to third party inks id save around £2500 per annum, this was the main reason for the change.

billywifta

The reason behind the issues turned out to be the caps, 5 out of 6 needed replacing so the heads were not sealed properly.
It appears that for some reason the inks have worn the caps, the 6 caps were around 7 months old and no problems were happening before we changed to Inktec.
The trouble is that the heads have now deteriorated.
Lets see what Inktec do, they have acknowledged the problem at least.

billywifta

Inktec sent there engineers out today who were very knowledgeable and polite, i did have to pay £300 for the service but i was getting desperate.
They assessed the printer and did many many head soaks with their "special" cleaning solution, miracles happened! I honestly didn't believe that they would be able to do anything other than say "You need new print heads". After spending the whole day working on the machine they retrieved 5 out of 6 heads, the light cyan needs more work or a new head. It has had a good innings at 4 years old but it was in good nick prior to changing.
They left me with some inks (which probably add up to £150) and some of their solutions to try and retrieve the head in the next couple of months. All in all i think that Inktec have provided a reasonable service and i believe that i will continue with their inks.
Watch this space!!

InkTec Ben

I'm glad our engineers visit was successful.

Just one important thing that hasn't been mentioned and that is some of the heads on this printer have done over 7 billion shots, double the normal life span.

otctech

We use inktec ink and now that you mention this I have noticed that we seem to have the most problems with magenta heads.

We do a manual cleaning on all our printers every 2 weeks (which includes cleaning the capping stations). We then use a syringe to make sure the capping stations are completely sealing to the heads (make sure you clean your capping stations before you do the syringe test, a lot of the time your not getting a good seal is because of the dried ink built up on the capping stations). We used to only check the capping stations if there was an issue, since we started doing this to ensure the integrity of our capping stations we have had far less print quality/print head issues arise.