• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inside the Situation Room

Marlene

I really wish people would stop making it sound like this was a Democratic Party victory

me too. I wish people could just be happy that justice was served and stop saying this is no big deal as it is a totally big deal! what started almost 10 years ago, a promise started by our president at the time and kept by our current has been happened. it took a lot of work and it is a day that belongs to all Americans. when I saw some one say it would be just a blip, it is what I have been hearing from those who just can't stand that this president was in office when it happened.

Let's not make this into a partisan situation

agree. it is a day that will go into the history books and become part of our collective history of our country.

Joe Diaz

I really wish people would stop making it sound like this was a Democratic Party victory. I honestly beleive that it was a matter circumstance that Obama is in office.
Well we can all wish can't we. Everyone is trying to take credit for this. Keep in mind that old staff members from the Bush days and Fox News are also trying to spin this into a Republican victory, claiming their actions were really responsible for his death. First it was deny that we torture, then it was redefine what torture is, and now it's "yeah we torture but it lead to us getting Osama". Yeah Thanks guys, you want us to go down in history and be viewed around the world as the hypocrites who use torture. :thumb: :rolleyes:

First of all it is an American victory, and a US military victory. But come on, give credit where credit is due. Whether you like it or not, under our constitution The President of the United States is also the Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. The buck stops with him. He made the call. He is responsible when things go horribly wrong and at the same time he should be allowed to share the glory when things go right. It was a team effort, everyone involved should get a pat on the back as far as I'm concerned.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I agree with some of these later statements, but I just heard this morning that Obama is going to visit 'Ground Zero' and place a wreath there due to this occasion. He's not going to make any statements or say anything at all, just place the wreath there.

Wouldn't it be a nice gesture for Obama to reach out and invite Bush to do this together. Other than being symbolic.... don't you think it might bring America back together as a united nation ??

This single action could do a lot, if neither of them are too full of themselves.

Joe Diaz

Sorry Fred, I assumed it was. It's kind of political in subject anyway. Oh well you know what they say about assuming....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Fred, if my post is considered NHB material. It wasn't intended in that light.

I wasn't aware it was out here either.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wouldn't it be a nice gesture for Obama to reach out and invite Bush to do this together. Other than being symbolic.... don't you think it might bring America back together as a united nation ??

This single action could do a lot, if neither of them are too full of themselves.

He did and W declined saying "he wished to remain out of the spotlight."

Rooster

Here's a discussion branch to keep this on the main page and out of politics.

The photo is credited to: Pete Souza/Official White House Photo.

On their flicker page they have the following text under the photo:

This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Now here's the catch. According to wikipedia (link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:public_domain#U.S._government_works

Works ineligible for copyright protection

In short: U.S. Federal Government works, or no creative content

See also: Copyright on emblems.

[edit] U.S. government works

U.S. federal government works are not eligible for copyright protection (17 USC 105). It is not clear whether this applies world-wide -- see the CENDI Copyright FAQ list, 3.1.7 and a discussion on that at the LibraryLaw Blog. The U.S. government themselves state that they "may assert copyright outside of the United States for U.S. government works."[2]

So how can they tell you how you may or may not use an image in the public domain? As a taxpayer you're entitled to the fruits of your government's labor, since you paid for them.

showcase 66

Now here's the catch. According to wikipedia (link below)

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information. Anyone online has the power to change and add information to wikipedia. People get on there all the time to mess up and change the info to use as "good" information.

Almost like saying the sky is not blue because my cousins, sister in law's, mother's best friends, son said it is actually green.