• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Install FlexiSign 8.6v1 on Windows 7 Problems

ruckstande

I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I have tried the default Sentinel Driver with the cd and the latest and greatest from Sentinel. I've also run the Sentinel Medic which says everything is great so no problems with communication. Each time a try and install FlexiSign 8.6v1 on my machine no matter what it identifies the User ID as 1 and will not install anything other than Demo Mode. What am I missing here?

greysquirrel

Windows has become a headache...disable widows firewall, disable any anti virus, go to UA Accounts under user profiles and pull scroll bar down to minimum...reboot.

On installer right mouse click "run as administrator" it should work

ruckstande

Windows has become a headache...disable widows firewall, disable any anti virus, go to UA Accounts under user profiles and pull scroll bar down to minimum...reboot.

On installer right mouse click "run as administrator" it should work
Okay, I'm going to give it a go. Whoever owns Flexi now sucks. Email support is ridiculous and I have no idea how to find any software updates. If it weren't for the fact that we have so many files in Flexi format from previous years we would be done with this junk.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Okay, I'm going to give it a go. Whoever owns Flexi now sucks. Email support is ridiculous and I have no idea how to find any software updates. If it weren't for the fact that we have so many files in Flexi format from previous years we would be done with this junk.
Just to play devil's advocate, Flexi is now at version 12. The one you're attempting to install is far past its end of life in their eyes (Version 8 was released, if I recall, in 2005 or 2006). Unless you had a support contract with them, you're probably a low priority to them. I'm not saying that's right, it's just the way it goes with software.

mfatty500

Call and speak to someone in sales, they pick right up, and then they will likely get you to support. But like was stated, they will get back to after they help others with newer software.

ruckstande

Just to play devil's advocate, Flexi is now at version 12. The one you're attempting to install is far past its end of life in their eyes (Version 8 was released, if I recall, in 2005 or 2006). Unless you had a support contract with them, you're probably a low priority to them. I'm not saying that's right, it's just the way it goes with software.
I agree with you, my biggest gripe however is they don't provide any information on their site or even offer any updates to their older software. I have 8.6v1 software and my understanding shows there is an 8.6v2 update. Perhaps that could fix my problem. I don't know because their site doesn't even show anything exists prior to 11. This software is way to expensive to basically forget about their customers especially when IMHO Flexisign is crap software. I know understand why people steal software. I can do everything and more out of CorelDraw for a fraction of the cost.

SignBurst PCs

Does your dongle look like it is installed correctly in Device Manager? I would absolutely use the newest Sentinal driver, not the one that came on the CD.

In License Manager, are you 100% sure that the license key is correct and that you don't have any spaces before or after the key?

ruckstande

Does your dongle look like it is installed correctly in Device Manager? I would absolutely use the newest Sentinal driver, not the one that came on the CD.

In License Manager, are you 100% sure that the license key is correct and that you don't have any spaces before or after the key?
Latest Driver and there are no issues with it in device manager. I ran the Sentinel Medic and communication with the dongle is spot on. When the license manager pops up I'm not able to input anything.

SignBurst PCs

You may try to turn that computer off completely and see if you are able to do anything in the license manager on the new computer. Because Flexi is able to recognize a dongle over the network, it is possible that the old computer is "using" the dongle and not allowing the new computer to do it's thing.

ruckstande

You may try to turn that computer off completely and see if you are able to do anything in the license manager on the new computer. Because Flexi is able to recognize a dongle over the network, it is possible that the old computer is "using" the dongle and not allowing the new computer to do it's thing.
Nothing. I'm going to try getting this set up as a local admin vs a domain admin and see what happens.

WildWestDesigns

If your computer is sufficiently spec'ed out and if you are running Win 7 Pro or Ultimate, you could see if you can still run a VM of XP and then install it through that VM.

Or you can use something like VirtualBox, if you have an XP install disc and serial number and then run the VM that way.

That's what I have to do with all my Windows programs, but especially with my Win98 programs.