• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installation rate vs man hours

Installr Kid

Im an independent installer myself, out of Florida with no shop, but running out of my truck (F150)- I charge per man hr + travel time/or mileage. I let all my customers know, there's a job minimum of $100 - meaning if you have a 1"x1" alarm sticker you need on your front door - $100 - even if it only takes 3mins to drive to - install, and shake hands. With that said - hrly rate is $65/hr per man (no matter the experience) - I pay all my help $25/hr unless theyre from the industry, in which I pay more. I figure if paying more cuts into my hrly rate - fine, the install gets done fast and correctly, which are more important to me, and we get consistant call backs for more business. In summary - PER man, PER HR, + Mileage or Travel. Good luck!